Modding Help Need help with Skittles Basic Clothes Template

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by M0NSIEUR C00KIE, Nov 12, 2018.

1. M0NSIEUR C00KIE

M0NSIEUR C00KIE Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I'd like to get into Starbound mods, and to start I had the idea to create cosmectic armors with Skittles Basic Clothes Template. But I do not know where to start. There is nothing that I have seen on the Internet that explains how to do with Skittle. So I'm looking for a "teacher" willing to introduce me to modding. ^^

And as a student I have to give some informations :

My Discord Id : [redacted]

My native language : French, but I'm doing pretty well in English. Or maybe not, I can more or less assemble words to make sentences.

My birth date : [redacted]

My free time : from 0 hours to 23 hours and 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Basically I'm free all the time. It was just to sound profesional "lol".

If anyone would like to teach me to do mods I would be very grateful to you. ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
  2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Hello, how can I help? :D

3. M0NSIEUR C00KIE

M0NSIEUR C00KIE Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! I did not expect an answer from Dr. Skittles himself! Hello! Or good evening, I do not really know what time is it, but it's not the subject. I would like to have some help with your basic clothes creation pack. ^^' I have no idea where to start.

4. DrPvtSkittles

Aaaye. lol

1. Unpack the mod and put it into your mods folder (should be in your Starbound folder)
    2. Go to Skittles Basic Clothes Template folder and open the _metadata in notepad. Change the author, desc and names to whatever you wish.
    3. Everywhere you see the word 'sktest' change it to a name that reflects what your mod is about. For instance if you were making police outfits you might use the name 'mcpolice'. Note you will have to open up all non image files in notepad and change the "itemname" as well.
    4. Now you're ready to edit the clothing!

https://community.playstarbound.com/attachments/skittles-template-goodies_0-1-7z.207357/ Check out the armour files, they should hopefully make things a little clearer.

You will notice that all clothing is the same brown colour. These are the parts of the image that will change when you dye them. The colour options for each piece of clothing is in their .chest .back .legs .head files.

5. Don't forget to change the name of the folder.

Handy Dandy Programs

Free Graphic programs:
    GIMP[www.gimp.org]
    paint dot NET[www.getpaint.net]

Great Graphic editor if you are willing to spend $15
    Aseprite[www.aseprite.org] - Or you can compile for free from the open source code https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite

Free word editors designed for coding
    Notepad++[notepad-plus-plus.org]
    Atom[atom.io]

Browser based editors
    Piskel[www.piskelapp.com]
    Editpad[www.editpad.org]

TooleDoo9 likes this.
  5. TooleDoo9

TooleDoo9 Void-Bound Voyager

[QUOTE = "DrPvtSkittles, publicación: 3315803, miembro: 96422"] Aaaye. jajaja

1. Desempaqueta el mod y colócalo en tu carpeta de mods (debería estar en tu carpeta Starbound)
    2. Vaya a la carpeta Plantilla de ropa básica de Skittles y abra los _metadatos en el bloc de notas. Cambie el autor, la descripción y los nombres a lo que desee.
    3. Dondequiera que vea la palabra 'sktest' cámbiela por un nombre que refleje de qué se trata su mod. Por ejemplo, si estuviera haciendo trajes de policía, podría usar el nombre 'mcpolice'. Tenga en cuenta que tendrá que abrir todos los archivos que no sean de imagen en el bloc de notas y cambiar el "nombre del elemento" también.
    4. ¡Ahora estás listo para editar la ropa!

https://community.playstarbound.com/attachments/skittles-template-goodies_0-1-7z.207357/ Echa un vistazo a los archivos de armadura, con suerte deberían aclarar un poco las cosas.

Notarás que toda la ropa es del mismo color marrón. Estas son las partes de la imagen que cambiarán cuando las tiñes. Las opciones de color para cada prenda están en sus archivos .chest .back .legs .head.

5. No olvide cambiar el nombre de la carpeta.

Programas Handy Dandy

Programas gráficos gratuitos:
    GIMP [ www.gimp.org]
    paint dot NET [ www.getpaint.net]

Gran editor gráfico si está dispuesto a gastar $ 15
    Aseprite [ www.aseprite.org] - O puede compilar gratuitamente desde el código fuente abierto https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite

Editores de palabras gratuitos diseñados para codificar
    Bloc de notas ++ [notepad-plus-plus.org]
    Átomo [atom.io]

Editores basados en navegador
    Piskel [ www.piskelapp.com]
    Editpad [ www.editpad.org] [/ QUOTE]

¿Podrías hacer un video tutorial? Todavía me parece un tema muy complejo.

6. DrPvtSkittles

Sorry I am not interested in learning how to make videos