Modding Help Need some help with editing tile sheets.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Sybele, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Actually, I tried again, 'cause I figured something could've changed with the new patch or something and.... I only needed to replace the one in \Content.

Now I'm more confused. xD

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

I've told this to Ento before, but editing the greenhouse dirt, it takes from the one in the Content folder. This is why I suggested the Content folder because changes I've experienced only happened when that one was changed, ie the one in Maps did not matter. Honestly the safe measure I usually tell people is to replace both versions; you cover all bases should there be a code change in an update that changes this. It is kind of annoying though how a lot of tilesheets have duplicates in Content and Maps when only one of them is used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I checked the file for the greenhouse, that references the `Maps\townInterior.xnb` file for its dirt tilesheet, as a indoor location the greenhouse tilesheets are also static and do not get changed at any point.

• FieryChaos

Look at code all you want, but experience and in-game results say otherwise (All Original Files except towninterior replaced):
          Maps version replaced: Same vanilla dirt. Maps Changed.png

Content version replaced: My edited dirt shows up. Contents.png

EDIT: And obviously it wouldn't change since towninterior doesn't have seasonal versions.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah.... Stardew doesnt care one bit about there being a seasonal version, if the location is outdoors and NOT a desert, then all but 2 specific excluded tilesheets are expected to be seasonal, period.

• FieryChaos

I suppose that is what I meant. But the main point still is that those tiles only change if replacing the Content version.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I will look into it some more once I get over my cold, it is kinda to easy to miss important things with a fever :p