Race Nekos (cat people) as a playable race

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zachery Lorincz, Jul 30, 2012.

1. nyanlord

nyanlord Void-Bound Voyager

Slime girls?

2. Zachery Lorincz

Zachery Lorincz Sandwich Man

thx

3. litlbear

litlbear Subatomic Cosmonaut

furries please go away. i really hope the devs don't put this in

Pigeon Poopenheimer likes this.
  4. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I prefer Nekojin as a name, I think it would be interesting and it seems to me that it fits with the other race's names as well!

I don't really see how this would be any different than the Avian, Apex, or Hylotl races in that respect...

Leo the Cat likes this.
  5. litlbear

it's a cat. look at the forum members "oooh cats are so hot", you don't hear people saying that about the other 3 races.
    i'm really tired of all the wanna-be japs bringing everything "anime" into this game.

6. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Anime isn't exclusive to Japan is it?
    Also furries could possibly like the Avians.

Leo the Cat likes this.
  7. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Okay then.
    I think it could be a fun race but that is simply my opinion.
    Though I will point out that the 'furry' community you talked about earlier and the 'anime' community tend to be fairly separate in many cases.

Zachery Lorincz and Leo the Cat like this.
  8. Zachery Lorincz

Zachery Lorincz Sandwich Man

Does anyone think they'll add this?

9. litlbear

dat necro

i hope not

10. sticksane

sticksane Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with the blatant furry connection. I'd rather pass on this race, it's pretty plain anyway compared to virtually all the other races in game.

litlbear and Pigeon Poopenheimer like this.
  11. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

Given the lack of depth or thought put into it on the head page beyond a few pictures... I don't think there's even a passing glance worth here.

And besides this race and the werewolf race only seek to fulfill a minority niche that the majority don't want catered to.

12. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Listen, I'm kind of sick of people saying such negative things towards people's Suggestions. If you're going to take the time to comment on what some people believe is a good idea then take the time to actually formulate an intelligent opinion. The Bias and ignorance are seriously starting to rustle my jimmies. Let me give you a semi-proper example on how to comment on a suggestion:

I, personally, would enjoy an additional race to play as. While the drive to implement may perhaps derive from a "Furry" compulsion; they are kind of cute. I really don't want to shoot anyone down here but It would be much easier for them to implement cosmetic items that allow a player to have Animal ears and/or tail. Though my previous statement may be true, there is always hope for a post release mod-in that allows for players to created any race they darn well please.

If it does happen to be added then for goodness sake those of you that have issues with it don't need to feel all high and mighty. Don't claim it doesn't need to be in "Your Game" because "it makes you feel weird" or more obviously the nega-feels that the internet seems to staple on someone whom enjoys "Furry" Humanoids.

If you don't like a race in game. Don't play it. End of story. Don't come on to someones thread to just deny ideas without sufficient explanation.

13. sticksane

Why don't you accept people's negative opinions as valid? Do you really want all the replies to be watery neutral ones with a negative undertone? You're allowed to state your opinion, harshly or not.

litlbear likes this.
  14. Daitenshi

It is absolutely 100% valid to voice a negative opinion. I feel voicing your opinion without an attempt at an honest explanation to said opinion, is not. It furthers nothing of the idea or conversation. Just makes people sad. Even then you could offer ideas to make the suggestion more suitable to your needs as a player and a person. We're here to discuss and further suggestions not berate them.

15. sticksane

You might want to tell that to litlbear.

16. Daitenshi

If I do recall correctly, sticksane; I never quoted anyone or named any names. You're were the one to respond. My post was general and meant for anyone who decided to read it.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  17. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

If people can't give criticism, then why give criticism at all if it has to be first put through a sieve to not hurt one's "creative expression?" Even negative opinions can be tactfully applied. If there's an outcry against people treating Starbound like a deviantart post board then they're fully entitled to their digress just like the people posting it. If you looked into any of those threads you'll see that the race creators/supporters are usually the first ones to fire arms and become unapproachable cloisters.

You'll only contributing to the issue of covering your ears and singing loudly in defiance because it's making you feel bad.

18. Daitenshi

19. litlbear

i personally don't want to see furries running around. if they do put it in, you can bet I won't play it. i believe i can voice my opinion however i like, the person asked for opinions, and i gave mine. i didn't berate the poster, despite the fact he's a furry. if you're scared of getting feelings hurt, maybe you should go play webkinz.

20. grotesquepanda

grotesquepanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm no furry, I think a cat race would be cute, but I also am the type of person who would love to have a lot of different races to play as.

However, I'd like you replace what you're saying with say, "Gays" or "Blacks" or even "Whites".
    Seriously, you sound like a bigoted jerk.