1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed New and Old Characters have Different Universes

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rocketowl, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketowl

Rocketowl Big Damn Hero

When I started up the game for the first time in a few months I figured I'd made a new character and see how the game had changed. I spawned on a new planet and at the time said okay, no big deal, it's a new build so it makes sense.

Eventually I pop in on one of my older, more powerful/resource rich characters and find that their spawn planet is the same as it was when I made them last year.

I like to make the spawn planets starting bases, so all my characters can share resources and so I don't have to grind through the early game stuff and can jump straight to exploring on newer characters. I wanted to do the same and combine the universes of my new(glad giraffe) and old (pre-glad giraffe) characters. So I packed everything up into the ships and deleted everything in the universe folder.

The problem is that when I start up on Old Character and generate a spawn planet, that spawn planet only words for other Old characters. The New characters get their own separate universe still, and I'm not sure why.

Is there a way to merge things so my new and old characters can share resources/planets?
    Thanks

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Did you try typing in the coordinates of the resource rich planet in the ship?

3. Rocketowl

Rocketowl Big Damn Hero

yes. no planet comes up.
    I also end up with two universe files in the universe folder, so I know it's not the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.