NPC New Colonist! - Farmer

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bersalius, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Are you satisfied with early farming?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. We need some improvement...

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

So, everyone who have played Starbound on Survival or harder, knows that you need food in order to survive. You can hunt (not very fun) or you can create your farm. Soon you will need Cotton, so you can't avoid spending time in irrigation... The point is that in the actual state of Starbound, farming is something FOR THE LATE GAME. I know we have the watering can, but this is very frustrating.

There should have something better to help irrigating the farms, but not too good as a Sprinkler.

What if we have a "Farmer"? This would justify the creation of a Colony nearby our farms, and would add to the early game.

The Farmer should be like a Soldier, but instead of using weappons, he/she would use a Watering Can to irrigate nearby Farms. To set this NPC, we could use regular farm furniture, like tools, hay, etc.

I'm not sure about you guys, but early farming is very frustrating for me...

OriginDrago likes this.
  2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I agree that we need a form of improvement on early farming, but I see one problem with your farmer. The farmer NPC could be obtained within the first planet and it would be better than a sprinkler, because he would just run around all day watering plants without having to worry about space management and whether or not you actually are getting all of your plants.

3. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

That is true... Maybe if we change things? Sprinkler can be made with Iron and Copper, and the Farmer would be better (late game), harvesting the plant and planting other on the same spot, then storaging everything in a Container in his house. But to make the Farmer a NPC for the Late Game, maybe the furniture used could be made of Durasteel. I think it would be muuch better than now. kkkk Thanks for the opinion!

4. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

I recommend garden bot pretty alone with him