New events ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by André Vieira, Jul 15, 2019.

1. André Vieira

André Vieira Orbital Explorer

(Sorry for my English and any misspelling, I'm using my phone. Also sorry if someone already gave this ideas, I'm not active in this forum).

So, a few small ideas just crossed my mind today and I thought it would be nice to share them and read your opinions. Most of them are about some new events that only start happening after the player achieves certain requirements.

1 - After helping Leah having her first art show in Pelican Town, she could start doing this show every year ( and to trigger this event, the player has to suggest her to do that in the 2-heart event, and then show up in the show in the 8-hearth event). In this new annual event, Leah and other artists from other cities could show new sculptures, some of them for sale. (Leah said she likes the idea of making Pelican Town a true art destination, so I think it makes sense to have other artists in there).

2 - A few months or years after the player is married, some of the bachelors and bachelorettes could start dating each other (Haley and Alex for example). They could maybe even marry, so you could atend their marriage too, making this a new event. There could be a cutscene where the player helps them to start dating (maybe requiring about 8-hearts of friendship with both of them to trigger the event).This suggestion would also need a new shrine in the Witch Hut, where the player can make an offer to make them break up/divorce ( in case the player wants to date one of them). It could also cause a friendship loss when doing this.

3 - After completing the Community Center, Junimos could sometimes appear in the secret woods when the player goes there (and act like they do inside the Community Center, running and disappearing when you get close).

4 - Once every 2 years or so, the player and townsfolk could meet up at the mountains during the night to see a meteor shower. The player could use Maru's telescope to watch them too.

That's it. Thanks for reading. =)

Skinflint likes this.
    • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

1 - not a bad idea, we may buy some, too
      2 - i think it's too much work to do so much, when we have a divorce and start over with another person, it'd be superloads of changing, would be a mess
      i don't know how much work, but i'm sure it'd be a lot
      3 - Junimo's giving new sorts of quests sounds even better to me
      why the running away part, though? they should be no longer afraid of the player anymore, in my opinion, after you helped them
      4 - that sounds awesome, and maybe some new items, at least i'd love a statue of a meteor. Robin can make them

what i'd like in all events, however, is that they are no longer locking doors, only while the event is going on, in that area (say, everything locked in Pelican Town with egg festival, and such), before and after that, everything else should be like normal, but that's another thing

i like this thread :)

André Vieira likes this.
      • André Vieira

2 - Maybe it would be a lot of work for CA to make all of this, but I don't think it would be a mess, since divorce already exist in the game (the difference is that its not you divorcing, but the NPC's).

3 - I like the idea of Junimos giving quests. I suggested they running away but they could follow the player too. Anyhow, I'd love to see them there.

4 - What if the chances of a meteor falling in the farm were increased during the week of the meteor shower event? What if they could fall anywhere in the valley, not just in the farm during that week?

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love to see Junimos in The Secret Grove, whether or not they run away. Why not run away and also be very rare until The Community Center is finished, after which they run toward you and jump and...whatever that sound they make would be called *lol* Best of both worlds. I would add that after they don't run, I would like to see NO MORE SLIMES in The Secret Grove, because that would just be too weird having slimes attacking you while the Junimos are trying to greet you.

In fact, I should have submitted no slimes after The Community Center as a feature request a long time ago, regardless of Junimos. It just doesn't make sense to me that there are still enemies in The Secret Grove.

André Vieira likes this.
          • André Vieira

I find those slimes sort of useful in the first year, since it's a way to get some slime. But later they're just annoying to me. Replacing them with Junimos after completing the Community Center sounds great.

Skinflint likes this.
            • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I was gonna mention their early-game utility. Thanks for emphasizing that.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i think it would be cute if the slimes were replaced by junimos after the centre was completed ^^