RELEASED New NPC Alec - Beta

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Dec 10, 2017.

1. JeStErHALLOW

JeStErHALLOW Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found an uhh...interesting bug or glitch with one of Alec's heart scenes (I picked Fish for the answer, he liked it lol ) :

[​IMG]

• Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

replace the events.tsv file with the one from this zip. There will be a new version soon, but this should fix your event bugs.

Attached Files:

• JeStErHALLOW

JeStErHALLOW Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That indeed fixed it .7.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I use ModDrop, but there are a lot of other ones that do that same. I just recommend ModDrop because they do have a support on Discord that you can go to if things go wrong.

• MimmiKingdon

MimmiKingdon Void-Bound Voyager

Really looking forward to trying this! I'm already in love with your fishbowl :)
            Is there any way to make it possible to sell him animals? I may have gone overboard with the More Pets-mod and am now biting of a bit more than I can chew.

HopeWasHere likes this.
            • HopeWasHere

For the cats and dogs you get from More Pets you can type "help" into the SMAPI console (the text box that runs in the background of the game) and it will give you commands on how to get rid of all the pets. Unfortunately there isn't a way to get rid of just one or two, it's all or nothing. I don't know if there will be a way in the future to sell back animals to him, as it's a feature of More Pets rather than the custom NPC, but I'll see what's possible.

MimmiKingdon likes this.
              • KiraAnkah

KiraAnkah Space Hobo

I just tried to download this onto my husbands account for him. I have everything downloaded correctly but it is not loading him in at all. Also the HopeWasHere.Animals mod I cannot find anywhere it doesn't show up. Can anyone help me?

• HopeWasHere

I can try to help you troubleshoot. Did you download the complete bundle from Nexus? If not, here is the zipped file for you to download. It should have everything you need, including HopeWasHere.Animals

Attached Files:

• AssVictoriam

AssVictoriam Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod! I can tell that a lot went into making it! :D

However, I get this weird thing with Alec's spouse room being in the wrong place: https://imgur.com/a/i5KiV
                    And it doesn't load his marriage dialogue for some reason :eek:

• HopeWasHere

Does it continue to load in the wrong place after a few days?
                      I'm not sure why the marriage dialogue isn't loading, I can't seem to get it to work either. If I find a fix I'll be sure to post it here!

• lollo-hehe

lollo-hehe Aquatic Astronaut

This is such a wonderful mod! I have a question though, I can't seem to get the heart event to start. I can't really figure it out.

• HopeWasHere

Which heart event are you trying to trigger?

• lollo-hehe

I have four hearts at the moment and haven't managed to trigger any. I'm not sure how to trigger them so I'm not sure what requirements there are. Sorry I'm a noob :p

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
                            • HopeWasHere

No worries at all! It could be something is broken with the mod and it's nothing you're doing at all. For the 4 heart event, make sure you have all of the files for the mod (specifically CustomFarmingRedux and Platonymous.Mailbox, just noticed the mod comes with the old version, so I'll need to add that to my list of things to update) installed correctly. Then, at four hearts, enter his room while he's there. It should trigger no matter the season or weather, but if you notice anything strange please let me know!

• lollo-hehe

Oh, ok. I think I have all the mods installed, I went through and made sure I had the latest versions of each. I haven't gotten a two heart event either, is there one? Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
                                • HopeWasHere

No worries at all, happy to help :) I just hope I am able to help you...

There is a 2 heart event, just need to enter the pet shop after he's at 2 hearts and he's there. If it doesn't trigger there may be something in the SMAPI log to let us know why, but I'm not 100% sure

• lollo-hehe

Hey, I went to the moonlight jellies event and he was nowhere to be found and the next day he was gone. I re-downloaded the files, I'll let you know if this fixed it. (I have to gain the hearts again.)

• lollo-hehe

it worked, i got the heart event for 2 hearts!! :D I guess maybe I had a different mod that conflicted with something maybe? Any way, thank you so much I really love having a new character in my game!

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                      • HopeWasHere

I'm glad you've got it working! Let me know if you have any other problems, I'm going to be slow in updating, but it will be eventually updated

• thenewfarmer94

thenewfarmer94 Intergalactic Tourist

SMAPI] Skipped 4 mods:

[SMAPI] Custom elements because parsing its manifest failed:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Models.Manifest..ctor (StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.Models.Manifest manifest) <0x154df48c0 + 0x00019> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModLoading.ModResolver+<ReadManifests>d__0.MoveNext () <0x154def370 + 0x00277> in <filename unknown>:0

[SMAPI] Custom Farming because parsing its manifest failed:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Models.Manifest..ctor (StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.Models.Manifest manifest) <0x154df48c0 + 0x00019> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModLoading.ModResolver+<ReadManifests>d__0.MoveNext () <0x154def370 + 0x00277> in <filename unknown>:0

[SMAPI] Custom furniture because parsing its manifest failed:

[SMAPI] Custom Npcs because parsing its manifest failed:

i get this when i run the game are those folders not beta version yet?