1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Player, can I bind some mouse buttons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Walkaboutout, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Walkaboutout

Walkaboutout Space Hobo

Is there any way to bind some of my extra mouse buttons to things? Particularly I'd love to change jump. I'm thinking that it's not possible, and if that's the case, I sure would love to see Chucklefish open up the possibility to bind mouse buttons other than button 1 and 2 (left and right).

Speaking of which, that leads me to a secondary question. How do you NOT go up a set of platform stairs when you want to move past them, rather than up? I know I can do the whole, jump and hold down, it's just aggravating when I have to do that every time in an effort to avoid stairs that I've placed in the middle space of a room and all.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think there is no other way to avoid that "cursed stairs". Hold down + jump is the only way to deal with it, for now.

3. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

I prefer to use platforms to make a kind of ladder when I need to go up or down floors in a building. They do not take up as much space horizontally and can be ignored until you actually want to go up or down.
    I tend only to use stairs if I am changing elevation, for example to access a raised area at one end.

4. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

5. ice_sonic

ice_sonic Void-Bound Voyager

I just press down and go through them

6. Soundtoxin

Soundtoxin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry to necro, but does this actually work for anyone anymore? I just tried it and it does not seem to work. Was really hoping to bind Mouse4 as a second option for the Interact keybind. I heard this option may have been removed in an update for some reason.