Race New race Weapon tiers like magic?

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vocalier, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Do you think this should be added to another new special race?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2015.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vocalier

Vocalier Void-Bound Voyager

While playing this game I was scrolling through my own opinions and thought, "what if you could have a race that could use tier graded magic." thinking through it, I remembered that the novakid race had done a steady job of keeping good level sets with the energy bar so what if for a new race it would use magic for the energy bar. So just like the novakids about 4 strikes till depleted energy.

magic to me would be stuff like shoot ice, fire, grass ect.

and no not like tech where you can fly, levitate and so on but magic where you could level it up slowly in tiers like with steel, to titanium, to durasteel and so on.

Also I thought of the design of placement of the magic it could be set up like you wear the "weapon" as a wristband so that the effect/attack is from the type of wristband.

I know there their are a lot of curious energy ideas from other people but the just the thought of something like a new special race option interests me.

Robotoh likes this.
  2. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Eh not sure about the whole ice fire grass stuff, would like something more sci-fi like, while retaining a feel of magic, I have a few ideas for this each of them a different take on the idea of magic

1. Magic crafting system: some race gains the ability to craft wands and staves, sufficiently advanced technology that might as well be magic, a wand can be used to cast spells, however, casting spells is not as easy as pressing a button, you must research the spells and gain blueprints (the race would start off with a few) in order to cast a spell one must perform multiple crafting steps, these would however not require much resources. This makes spellcraft time consuming, but when you have a spell charged its probably going to be pretty powerful.

2.Species with a sorcerous look to the technology they use, with strange effects, they can craft wand and staves that act more like weapons, however the effects they have would be more unique some example spells the weapon could cast
    Empathic strike: a high damage attack, but deals damage to the user as well
    energy leak: fires a beam or bolt or something that does a small amount of damage, but freezes water and perhaps slows enemies
    high energy beam: a beam or bolt or something that does low damage, but sets enemies on fire
    chemical disruptor: does ongoing acid damage to enemy
    graviton collector: fires a low damage bolt that draws enemies towards it
    anti-graviton collector: fires a slightly hier damage bolt that pushes enemies back
    entropic ray: does damage and also good at taking out blocks
    negentropic ray: heals damage and regrows plants

Im thinking a demonic looking race would be best for this.