Race New Race??

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Green_, May 25, 2015.

1. Green_

Green_ Aquatic Astronaut

So recently I started playing Starbound again , and was amazed at how much detail was put in and how far the game has grown! While re-discovering the game i noticed something on the gate island (Planet?) , on the gate pillars you can see all the race heads and facial features but one is missing! Im not sure if this is a clue for a new race or even a new enemy!

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really hope this will happen. Just looks at the character creation menu. It doesn't look right. I don't know what the next race will be, but probably they will take inspiration from the most popular community races? (No Avali race as the devs stated).

3. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

im hoping for something insect related

WaffleRaptorOG likes this.
  4. DarkHypno

DarkHypno Subatomic Cosmonaut

Space Pugs!

5. LancerG2

LancerG2 Poptop Tamer

Hopefully if they do a race, it could be like Reptilians.

Reptilians, like in the conspiracy theories. Like their racial armor can be like skin suits of political figures of humans. I honestly think it'd be pretty funny and makes references to pop-culture and stuff. Besides, we have amphibian people, bird people, gas people, human people, primates and plants, why not reptiles?

Also their description can make a nod by saying "Some Earthlings believed creatures like these existed only to be dubbed as crazy or insane, however they were very right".

Boufman likes this.
  6. DarkHypno

7. LancerG2

LancerG2 Poptop Tamer

See this stuff. This should so be a thing.

8. DarkHypno

I want to have tier five George Washington armor. I WANT IT.

Boufman and LancerG2 like this.
  9. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran have definitely something reptilian in them. The skin color, the hissing accent and their pet is a snake. Hyloytl aswell are somewhat similar to lizards right?
    Arthropods for the win.

WaffleRaptorOG and creca like this.
  10. Zaisher

georage wilkes (the guy who killed Abraham[i forgot his name spelling]) could be the max separator armor

gamerjinks likes this.
  11. LancerG2

LancerG2 Poptop Tamer

They might have something reptilian with them, but they're full on plants. As for the Hyloytl, they're more amphibians although they're commonly confused with fish.

12. Zaisher

you might want to take a look at this 2015-05-31_00118.jpg

13. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

There was a post somewhere that showed a picture of the gate with the mystery race's symbol. It was an eye creature. I can't find the post now though.

14. Borvis

Borvis Subatomic Cosmonaut

This has been brought up NUMEROUS times since the update - even I made a thread about it and someone else had beat me to it.

15. Slimy

Slimy Pangalactic Porcupine

What about the penguins and frog salesman? Why does the gate neglect them?

16. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I'm not sure about the frog, but the penguins are covered by the Avian symbol. The penguins are Avians that left and became space pirates.

17. Xsoldier123

Xsoldier123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dont know, i doubt that they would add that as a playable character, too... NOT something you would want to do a very in depth gaming session as... :p ...

18. LancerG2

LancerG2 Poptop Tamer

I'm not sure, i'm sure some people (including me) would want to play as the human-hating reptilian's that crazy conspiracy theorists would only want to talk about.

19. Xsoldier123

Xsoldier123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The armor that you previously talked about is my concern, however i do like the central idea of the new character being reptilian :p

20. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-drale.18980/ <--- this. I NEEEED this

Green_ likes this.