Race New Race??

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Green_, May 25, 2015.

1. Xsoldier123

Xsoldier123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

To be honest, I was never really bothered to read the Drales backstory. Now can explain to me why my argument is crap rather than just proclaiming that it is with no supporting evidence whatsoever? And yes, they are just dragon humanoids, what is so in-depth about a dragon humanoid? Actually tell me rather than just saying it is. Also, i think you missed a word and a letter in your last sentence," Your argument is the shit!".

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thats kina the apex. and depending on your race, the glitch[DOUBLEPOST=1434061781][/DOUBLEPOST]
    can you read? I said its to large and complicated and AMAZING for me to summarize. go read it yourself. and next time do your research before saying something is bland. otherwise you just look like an idiot. (as you currently are doing)
    also, no i didnt miss a word. im saying your argument is :poo:. It doesnt need a "the". Its :poo: because its just not true. you said the Drale are plain and unoriginal. ANYONE who actually read the thing knows that's not NEARLY the case. therefore, your argument is :poo:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  3. Xsoldier123

I sound like an idiot to no one accept for you. And can you answer more than on of my questions in a post? i asked why my argument is crap yet you don't give an answer and continue repeat whatever you said previously. If you want me to actually like your drales than tell me why i should rather than saying the plot is to complicated and amazing, i doubt it is in the first place.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

5. Joseph the wanderer

Its :poo: because its just not true. you said the Drale are plain and unoriginal. ANYONE who actually read the thing knows that's not NEARLY the case. therefore, your argument is :poo: --again i ask, can you read?

6. Xsoldier123

No I can't... oh wait I've been replying to your messages so that obviously means i can read... Anyways, back to the other topic, why are they so interesting to you? what makes the story so enticing, so astronomically intriguing that it puts you into such a state of denial?

7. Joseph the wanderer

i think you miss spelled amazement in the end there. The drale are awesome because:
    1. they are dragonoid (not dragon people) (and yes that alone is amazing) (IM ENTITLED TO MY OPINIONS! SHUT UP!)
    2. they are unique in their post apocalyptic style and previous backstory of a species that killed itself with war resulting in radiation (which made the Drale)
    3. they add a fun fantasy-like twist to the current range of characters
    4. they add more planets, ships, bosses, dungeons, enemies, and MORE as well as the Drale in the mod
    5. everything ive just described is in FAR more unbelievable detail on the mods main page

now you tell ME why YOU are in denial of them being amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1434065109][/DOUBLEPOST]
    these guys aren't that. they are the result of lizard-like creatures being exposed to radiation crystals (long story)

8. lazarus78

Because people have personal tastes?

So they are the godzilla ninja dragons?

9. Xsoldier123

1. Okay than you have an opinion i understand that, however having dragons in Starbound as a playable character would ruin it for some people and seriously, they are just dragon humanoids, characteristic-wise they're just bland and, don't go much farther from just looking like dragons.

2. Christ man, they either have a very small planet or have radiation inducing bombs loaded up to their arses to turn an entire planet into a wasteland

3. Fun fantasy-like twist? This game didn't start fantasy and it wont end fantasy, i don't want dragons in my space exploration game and neither do many others

4. If they added drales to the base game, they wouldn't add all the rest of the content, just the character

5. I read their story, A virus in their robots, why? Who gave a peaceful race a virus? was it for money? no, they aren't even on the galactic map and their planet was just destroyed so there was no reason to give out the robot virus in the first place.

10. lazarus78

1. Dungeons and dragons has dragon people. No origionality here.
    2. Fallout did it. Great War, FEV virus, etc.
    3. The only fantasy bit they have going is that they are dragon people.
    4. Planets are not based on race. You want a wasteland, you get scorched. Ships, yeah 8 tiers sure. Dungeons... eh. Enemies... in visuals only. Capypasta graphics.
    5. In reference to what Xsoldier123 posted: A virus taking over the robots? Descent series did it.

Where is the origionality you mentioned?

11. Hipopotasaurusrex

Hipopotasaurusrex Astral Cartographer

... Wait... Your trying to tell me DRAGENOID PEOPLE are an origanol Idea?! Have you NOT seen like, half the games ever?

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Guys, you're kinda derailing the thread with this discussion. If you want to continue arguing, do it in a PM, go to the actual thread for the Drale, or just drop it altogether and get back on topic.

(Note: this post is not meant to be read in an aggressive tone)

13. Xsoldier123

Don't worry, i think Joseph's done so that means were done.

14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Well, good to see that over...

On the thread topic, Tiy (or some Dev) tweeted a picture of the Ark gate before its implementation in nightly, and the missing slot was filled with a stone eye, similar to the eye of the Tentacomet or the eye of the great beings depicted in the cave drawings from the Floran Party mission.

15. Xsoldier123

Link?

16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

17. Xsoldier123

18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I don't think they're playable, since the eye is either referring to a godlike being or a giant planet are stroking mass of tentacles.
    That thread has some pretty useful info in it.

19. Xsoldier123

I don't know, all the other stone faces are playable characters so who knows.

20. Hipopotasaurusrex

Hipopotasaurusrex Astral Cartographer

An eye planet?! O.O imagine if that was a thing, just a giant eye orbiting space