Race New Race??

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Green_, May 25, 2015.

1. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

darn. you caught that huh? :rofl:

2. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just thinking about something about something. Could that one eyed race be actually the race those cultists are? I don't have much a proof of this, but an obtainable card on steam called "cultist" shows an one eyed creature, with tentacle legs, horns and blue skin. I think It's a really plausible theory. In fact, it's even explained why they would be not playable (or maybe they will). And perhaps they have more than a connection to the tentacle monster that destroyed Earth.
    My idea is that they would have horns as their "hairstyles" and evil looking equipment. I don't know much about their lore though.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

That creature is just one of Nightblue's sketches that the devs are using for trading card art. The original request was this:

4. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  5. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe the devs just got inspired by that drawing and made that armor set. I have no idea.
    Also cultists seem to have two eyes anyway.

6. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Well, the fact that they're cultists implies that they worship some kind of god or powerful figure. I'm guessing it's the Tentacomet or the deities in the floran cave paintings, based off of the armor set.

7. Dar'Karon

Dar'Karon Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I want to truly end this flame war, once and for all in the past, the future, and the present. I am going to go over both sides of why the Drale could and could not be considered "Starbound Worthy", while trying to be as unbiased as possible.

Why it COULD work:
    • The Drale are quite creative in their design, lifestyle, and even spaceships for goodness sake. The post-apocalyptic theme is something no one has canonically seen in Starbound as of yet.
    • Considering how big the universe of Starbound is, there could be lizard-men out in the universe SOMEWHERE, right? Even if there won't be in-game, there could be in our OWN universe.
    • This race could have ties to the Glitch society in some ways, appearing to look like dragons, the Glitch may find them intimidating, or worship them.
    Why it COULD NOT work:
    • For as creative as they are, the Drale are not quite Sci-fi enough to be considered usable.
    • Gameplay wise, if they wanted to equip most normal sets of armor, specifically helmets, the devs would need to re-design the entire set while the Drale wear them, which would take days to do, simply due to a 3 pixel size difference.
    • Even though the Drale could be used in many different aspects of the game, they overall do not quite match the theme Chucklefish has in mind, as far as we can tell. If they decide to implement the Drale as a co-existent partner to the Glitch, that would be pretty cool, personally, but setting-wise, un-canonical.
    Other things to point out:
    • The Drale could be implemented as an April Fool's joke race, just for options to choose from.
    • We have no idea if the Devs are even PLANNING to make a new race, or if they just solely want to add new things.
    There is my opinions. If anyone wishes to refute or stand by my claims, feel free. I would love to hear your opinions.

8. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

behold, the only person on the entire internet who is talking about his race! :D

Attached Files:

• img.png
      img.png
      File size:
      7.4 KB
      Views:
  9. bobzebest

bobzebest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Insectoid for the win