New Skills: "Running" and "Endurance"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kittenykat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Exactly what it says on the tin!

First, I'd like to see you implement a skill into the game so we can improve our movement speed over time, above the current base. The more active we are, the more it levels up. You could also branch it with horseback riding, so that once you hit the part it would normally branch, you then had to decide if you want to keep improving your run speed or your riding speed. Top end branch would probably be a choice between speed-running or some sort of combat evasion for Runner, while Rider would get maybe something like an easier time befriending animals, or being able to whistle for the horse (haven't gotten that far so I dunno if that's a thing you can do already or not).

Perhaps as we level up our running, we'd gain more maximum energy, too, for getting more fit and in-shape.

Which brings me to the next skill: Endurance! Every time we use energy it should count towards increasing this skill, which will give us a higher max to work with. It should take quite a lot of work to level it up, and maybe only get 4-5 levels or so, but having that feeling of progression would be ever so satisfying.

Maybe add some accessories or footwear that boost either of these stats, too?

Minifig likes this.
    • Minifig

Minifig Seal Broken

I support this idea entirely.

Kittenykat likes this.
      • swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

IT sounds interesting...great idea

Kittenykat likes this.
        • Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Yay, I'm glad people like it! I hope ConcernedApe takes notice and agrees! ^_^

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I'm going to take some time soon and work up a full skill tree for both skills. Any suggestions would be wonderful. ^_^ Also, Endurance isn't meant to replace the current E-Max-Boosting method, just to supplement it.

• Shodan

Shodan Tentacle Wrangler

I've seen some people suggest movement speed mods or suggestions but Honestly, I think the game would lose something if movement were sped up. Part of the charm of the game is that it makes you slow down and puts you in the mindset of someone doing what can amount to the same work every day, crossing that same bus stop field to get to town at the same pace....its kinda real life but a much more relaxed and simple real life.

Yes, sometimes its a time crunch to do what you want to do, but while your slowing down might mean you lose a crop, or the chance to do something today, the game always lets you do it tomorrow.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Energy... cost...? My suggestion wasn't correlating the two as running needing energy o.o;

• PerkulatorBenny

PerkulatorBenny Orbital Explorer

Personally, I think the running speed is fine. I've never had a problem with not getting to where I wanted to be on time, it just takes a bit of planning and keeping your priorities straight, which is one of the charms of Harvest Moon style games, imo.

• Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

id like to see cooking as a skill first tbh. it already looks as if its supposed to be a separate skill. and bonuses like running speed or temporary extra health can be regulated through cooking recipes.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Hm, maybe. If we could get certain recipes that lasted all day instead of just a few minutes, that'd be a way to boost up cooking a bit into its own skill tree.