New sprites, sprite customization, clothes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hollow, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Kaobasa

Kaobasa Space Spelunker

I like the new models but there's something I really love about the old ones too. They're just so simple and I guess it just makes me feel nostalgic for those older games.

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They could always include the older ones. A lot of remakes of games provide options to listen to the original soundtracks, or use the retro graphics.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, except this is a new game, still in development, so I don't think they old models will be in the release.

• Megs & Mia

Megs & Mia Master Chief

I've seen images of the newer sprites standing next to NPCs, and I really hate that they aren't the same size as the NPCs. That just really bugs me. And I just don't like how they look sideways. They look really awkward, to me. ._.;
          I do hope they will add the older sprites in. I liked them so much more... :(

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would not worry too much about it.

The developers working on these games have stockpiled a lot of polish.

• Megs & Mia

Megs & Mia Master Chief

I just feel like this would have looked good too:
              [​IMG]

without the nose:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
              • gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well if you are so disturbed by it mod it :D and you will help people in the same situation.
                CA is still working on this when he can and i don´t think adding the old textures to gameplay is high up on his list.
                As said if this gets out on steam and gets "workshopped" modding will be with relative ease (if you have all the old textures that is).
                Also i don´t know how this will affect gameplay since the old model is smaller (less hitbox).

• Megs & Mia

Megs & Mia Master Chief

It's not that I'm disturbed by it. It just looks very awkward and out of place to me. I wouldn't mind modding the game with my own stuff, but I have no idea how to do that. If I did, that would definitely give me something interesting/fun to do whenever I have a break from studying.