1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) 1.24

Makes all mini-biomes appear as planets to explore in the universe

1. Wiranum

Wiranum Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wiranum submitted a new mod:

New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) - Makes all mini-biomes appear as planets to explore in the universe

Read more about this mod...

2. Wiranum

Wiranum updated New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) with a new update entry:

Welcome to Heck !

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Wiranum

Wiranum updated New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) with a new update entry:

Terraforming + sequence update

4. Sumenora

Sumenora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

their is a problem with the death debuff... if you go on a planet you are locked into the debuff and you die constantly

5. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to clarify what I mean with the bounty hunting issue, all tiers before the tier 5 station bounty hunting stuff runs fine, a wall is hit when it's tier 5 since the new star systems are considered tier 5 like the hot ones and are thus factored into the calculations for potential bounty locations rather then ignored

at least that's what it seems

6. Wiranum

Oh you are right, I didn't test the debuff fully. It applies death even on the ship before disappearing itself, locking anyone in a perpetual death loop. I'll revert the mod into a version without the debuff.

About bounty hunter quests, I looked into the files closer but I didn't find any clue. The systems are called by their names from "whitestar" to "redstar" and they don't go further. They are also just used in such a way "Generate that kind of quests only in that specific system type".

The only thing I can change is a list of planets that are excluded from the quests (barren, moon, magma, garden in this order). Hopefully adding all the new planets this will fix the issue. I couldn't find a way to work on systems or stars directly and there isn't a list to exclude like the planets.

Next fix is about removing the death debuff and adding all the new planets to the list, which will hopefully solve both problems.

@Armok Can you tell me if the fix is working with the bounty hunter quests after some testing ?

7. Wiranum

8. CodeineMonty

CodeineMonty Void-Bound Voyager

Just got a question. Why exclude the new planets from the bounty quests? I think it'd be cool to have missions and bounties on the new planets.

9. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

10. Wiranum

Someone reported issues with the bounty hunter missions with the final rank not being handled properly. I am not far in the quests yet (so I can't check myself + I'm busy right now) and the only way I found to handle the problem was to exclude all the planets from the new systems. My 2nd post above yours also details this.

11. Wiranum

Monsters and small terraforming update

12. ac13

ac13 Void-Bound Voyager

Latest version is not compatible with frackin' universe. Can you send a link for an older version?

13. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This mod is incompatible with the current build of Starbound, please update it.

14. Wiranum

I am using version 1.4.4 and it works fine for me. What kind of crash does it display in the log and what other mod are you using too ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  15. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

I found the error and took care of it, apparently the bonebird enemy is a duplicate asset and conflicts with FU's bonebird enemy, after removing it, the game functions now with FU installed. I think you should make an update patch to remove potential duplicate assets of FU, I.E. the many legacy enemies or other content since FU does the same thing.

16. Wiranum

Yes, this mod doesn't work with FU because of the duplicate names for spawntypes I used for some unused enemies. This also happened with the nautileech. I can get around this problem by giving my own names for the spawntypes I used; I can add the fix in a future update.

17. Wiranum

Spawntypes update and other tweaks

18. Wiranum

19. ItsDarry

ItsDarry Void-Bound Voyager

Heyya! I've been interested in using this mod, however I have Frackin' Universe installed and have been playing in that Universe for a few hours. When I try to load up this mod, the game crashes, so I was wondering, do I have to go to a completely different star system entirely (one with unexplored planets) before I install this mod, or would it be easier to find where the files conflict. When I check my log, it seems to throw the exception: (MonsterException) Error loading monster part '/monsters/ground/hugebiped/head/rhino/hugerhinohead.monsterpart'

Was wondering if you knew of a way to get past this, if deleting the conflicting file from Frackin would fix things, or if I need to go to an unvisited system before trying to load this mod?

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

20. tGMP

tGMP Void-Bound Voyager

crashes on the startup loading screen for me. if i had to guess, there is either an incompatibility with Frackin' Universe or Extended Story, since both of those add a slew of new planets, biomes, and such.