New Weapon Type: LMG's

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Wolfen109, Aug 29, 2016.

?

Could this weapon fit in this game among the rest of the ranged weapons?

1. Yes: LMG's are a perfect fit in between Machine Pistols and Assault Rifles

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yes: But more balance would be recommended

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No: LMG's would render other ranged weapons useless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No: We don't need anymore new weapon types

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wasted one of my 2 available votes! :D

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wolfen109

Wolfen109 Void-Bound Voyager

A new weapon type i would LOVE to see implemented are LMG's (Light Machine-Guns), which essentially are heavier variants of assault rifles with large ammo capacity used primarily as a support weapon. I think this weapon type would be a great fit as we don't have anything in terms of high capacity bullet hoses.

How this weapon would work: 2 handed weapon with higher rate of fire (Maybe slow build up?), low energy consumption (to mimic high ammo capacity), lower damage per shot, with an extremely WIDE bullet spread (lower accuracy) after initial trigger pull. The secondary fire would be a "Deploy Bipod" ability which would render your character immobile, but allow for your weapon to fire more accurately on a bevel (Degree of angle at Dev's discretion).

The "Deploy Bipod" ability would take a moment to toggle on and off to mimic the time it actually takes to deploy a bipod. This also would help with weapon balance.
    The fact that this weapon would be highly inaccurate without the bipod deployed and has lower damage per shot makes assault rifles still relevant, making the LMG more of a support weapon better suited for extremely close OR longer range combat.

For animation purposes, the weapon would be held from the waist (Think of Scar Face) and the "Deploy Bipod" ability would force your character into some kind of crouching position with the actual bipod on the weapon sticking downward into the ground, holding the weapon steady.

This is just a brief run down as to how LMG's would function. Obviously the dev's would work out the finer details if they were to actually implement this weapon. Let me know what you think about this idea and if you could vote in the poll, I would appreciate it!​

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Wouldn't SMGs be more fitting for that role? LMGs would, from the name alone, sound like either a really powerful weapon that can't be stored in the player's inventory, has finite ammo, and is overall more like a power-up of sorts; or a weapon that is only usable as a turret.
    Of course, the actual killer is that they apparently can only have a single secondary fire, which would make them feel more like an unique wepaon similar to Tesla's Wrath or the Ex Machina instead of a randomly-generated weapon, since the lack of secondary fires would make them feel boring.

Jappards likes this.