Story Night Sky - A Starbound Story - *Discontinued*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Zebe, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Thank you for the kind words. It's funny, when SV came to a halt, I told myself I wouldn't ever let same happen to my stories. Well, a couple of months later... this.
    Sometimes SV was an inspiration for me. Not that much of a influence, but something that made me able to maintain my interest in writing more SB fanfiction, in a way.

Much thanks to everyone. I'll probably still update this thread on July 13th, adding some things I had in store for Night Sky. Other than that, it's over.

The forum merges the posts even if there's been weeks between them...

Well. I missed the 13th. I kinda remembered it but didn't feel like updating this. I decided to celebrate the Starbound launch instead.

Here's the last actual part of Night Sky I'll ever post. The rest of it is gone. If I write something, it will be the summary of the story that never was. Or summaries, rather. The story of Night Sky would've been quite long.
    This is the first scene of Chapter 5 of Act 2, aka the beginning of the next chapter. It's the only thing I deemed to be complete enough to publish.

[REDACTED]

I also added additional themes for the characters (except Rin, can't find the one I had). You can find them in the main cast introductions. Some of them may not fit perfectly, and as I planned to add them later in the story, they may hint some character developments that would've been.
    Alright, I think that was it. Thank you for reading.

About my other (not dead!) projects later. But this is a Novakid pointing at something. What might it be...?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

He's pointing at a not dead project.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Sure hope so.

Zebe likes this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Actually, that's not too far from the truth...

(Added backup theme for Rin.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Ponamis and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Here is another Novakid.
    Yes, pointing at something, again. Wonder what it is?

[​IMG]

If you want to see more Novakids pointing at things and maybe soon find out what exactly they're pointing at, check Tales from the Stars, my listing/collection of Starbound stories. The thread, like this one, has been abandoned, but will work as the place where I talk about this Novakid project.

Here:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/104552/

Ponamis and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

He's pointing at Tales from the Stars, obviously!

Ponamis and Zebe like this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

That's actually pretty accurate...

Ponamis and Alkanthe like this.
  8. macodelo

macodelo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It has been a while and it saddens me that this will never be complete. A lot has happened since I last read this, but life moves on. I was last left with them talking to the rebels, and although I imagined how else it could continue, nevertheless, you inspired all of us to be creative in so many ways. Starbound was just humble and youthful beginnings, but nevertheless, I bet this discontinuation is just a marker of potential for many of us as we begin to build ourselves as creative geniuses for the future.

But I have to infer though, it must have been a heavy burden uplifted from you. I'm glad you moved on since then.

Zebe likes this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Hey, it really has been a while! Nice to see you around. And thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate. Looking back to this still saddens me as well.

It's been quiet here, and this also reminds me... I have yet to wrap Night Sky up with the story summary I promised. There was a lot of story I had in my mind, and this world and these characters are still important to me. I can't just let this go without properly tying up the loose ends. Yet I completely forgot it/have been postponing it. Maybe I should just do it this December/Christmas, and finally wrap it all up on the 3-year anniversary of my Starbound stories in January. That's what I should do.

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Okay, I'm not entirely sure what to do with this. It's been way over a year since the last chapter. But recently I've felt some sort or interest... whether or not that is inspiration or wistful nostalgia, is to be seen.

But here's what I'm currenly doing: [REDACTED]
    It's a cool comic check it out.

Also, the Penguin Syndicate has signups for another game! It's a forum game, known usually as Mafia, Werewolf, or Town of Salem. TPS is a Starbound-themed variation of it.
    If you're interested, join it here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/114294/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    MysticMalevolence and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

12. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

I never thought I’d see another post here! I’m glad you have plans though. (As do I!)

Zebe likes this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

If there is anyone who still gets notifs from this thread, and remembers this fic, and is interested in seeing where the "adaptation" of the Shadows from the Abyss and Night Sky stories goes, DM me with some way to reach you that won't crumble to dust in the next few years. I might send something, like a download link to a store page and a redeem code. I still have a lot of fondness towards the idea of this story and characters, and I hope to transform them into *something*. There's a lot of other projects in the way though.