1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed (Nightly) Three bugs.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Cipherstar, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Novakid has no arm when using a weapon.

The Matter Manipulator does not work except to remove background pieces. Intended? Or bug? I had to escape the dungeon and eventually find a chest with a copper pickax to start cutting trees. Edit: I just made a new character and after spending ~ages~ walking around the planet I only found a shroom chest containing lamp blueprints and a single normal chest containing only some red stims (2) and 200 pixels... Making it impossible for that character to continue.

A bug that is currently irritating me. Something happened and now there is no cursor in-game, and only the direction and E keys work. No menus appear though, so the tech stations, chests, or teleport pad do not work neither does Escape. But I can still move around and open the door on the ship. Things can still be highlighted as though there were a cursor. This also means I cannot save. Which is a pain, as I haven't saved for a while yet. I bet I'm gonna have to Task Manager to close it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. Just a heads up -- you don't actually have to report Nightly bugs because Nightly is inherently broken. They're just dev builds that you can play.

3. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I have the same problem with the matter manipulator, They have plans to make it so you can't cheat in dungeons so i figure the tool not working fully is because of that.

4. Cipherstar

Isn't that at least some of the point of Nightly being released? Never know what a random player might find that a dev missed or factors that made your game misbehave while it was fine on their computer.

5. Nah, the point of the nightly was to provide some content for the really impatient players.

They're dev builds -- which basically means that at any given time, dependent on who's working on what or who finished what -- Nightly will be broken. But it's hard to say if things are broken because of a bug or because someone like Metadept is working on some code that happened not to make it into that night's build. It's only until they've created a "finished" code/build that they will look for bugs, because then they don't have to worry about if the bugs are being caused by something GeorgeV took out to work on.

6. Cipherstar

Ah, alright then. I'm going back to standard anyway. Nightly is a little dead-end-y at the moment, but I love what it's doing so far. I kind of hate defaulting back, I miss the lil AI guy already even if he didn't do much yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.