RELEASED Nightmare Scarecrows!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mel Noelle, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Mel Noelle

Mel Noelle Tentacle Wrangler

[​IMG]

Download on Nexus Here!

I heard about the modaween contest on discord, and instantly thought of Nightmare Before Christmas! After making my last mod I've been pixel-happy and decided to make this!

[​IMG]
    Screenshot! If you have custom farmer redux, you can download the animated scarecrows that don't replace the originals! The content patcher ones edit the craftables tilesheet, and are not animated.

[​IMG]
    For CFR version, they mostly just blink, but the pumpkin king glows and zero floats!

[​IMG]
    If you want the content patcher version, these are the scarecrows they'll overwrite!

You can add NEW scarecrows to the game! Animated, fully functional scarecrows, thanks to the awesome Custom Farming Redux mod! They're for sale in random shops on different days, so you can hunt them down and collect them just like the rest of the rarecrows!

Alternately, if you want, you can just download the content patcher version, which are not animated, and overwrite the base scarecrows.

INSTALL:

For NEW, animated scarecrows:
    1. You must first have Custom Farming Redux and PyTK - Platonymous Toolkit installed! It's easy and a lot of great mods require these too, I highly recommend them!
    2. Download and unzip the Custom Farming Redux version of NMBC Scarecrows!
    3. Move/Merge the "machines" folder INTO the "CustomFarmingRedux" folder!
      Here's what your file tree should look like:
      Stardew Valley -> Mods -> CustomFarmingRedux -> Machines -> [CFR] NMBC Scarecrows
    Now have fun searching for & collecting these rarecrows!

Jack - Robin, Saturday
    Sally - Robin, Friday
    Oogie Boogie - Clint, Thursday
    Lock - Pierre, Monday
    Shock - Pierre, Tuesday
    Barrel - Robin, Sunday
    Pumpkin King - Krobus, Wednesday
    Zero - Sandy, Monday & Wednesday

For non-animated, content patcher version scarecrows:
    1. Install Content Patcher!
    2. Download and unzip the Content Patcher version of NMBC Scarecrows!
    3. Move [CP] NMBC Scarecrows into MODS folder!
      Here's what your file tree should look like:
      Stardew Valley -> Mods -> [CP] NMBC Scarecrows
    In the config file, you can specify "fall" to have NMBC scarecrows only available in fall with the vanilla scarecrows available the rest of the year, or "always" to have them replace scarecrows all year long!

Download link again!

I might go back and make more characters, especially closer to Christmas. Christmas Jack WOO

Other mods in screenshots:
    Flower Valley! Eemie's Map Recolor! White Water Farm! Cute Long Hairstyles! & More Butterflies!