1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED NinjaGear 2.1

Weapons and Other Useful Gear for Ninja

1. Imblazed247

Imblazed247 Ketchup Robot

2. kawsboy

kawsboy Void-Bound Voyager

it keeps crashing

3. Imblazed247

When does it crash?

mind deleting your logs in starbound folder starting it up and posting the log it generates?

4. kawsboy

Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'kunai' found
    ItemException::ItemException(string)
    ItemDatabase::addItemSet(ItemDatabase::ItemType, String)
    ItemDatabase::scanItems()
    ItemDatabase::ItemDatabase()
    Root::itemDatabase()
    _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<ItemDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
    _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

5. Imblazed247

are you running the Naruto mod by any chance?

6. kawsboy

no just found the problem there is a vanilla item called throwing kunai that may be the problem. so maybe change the name to grappling kunai.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  7. Imblazed247

ill have to hmm weird that i dont get the error...you play nightlys?

8. kawsboy

no I play stable[DOUBLEPOST=1425746329][/DOUBLEPOST]just relized something it could be that this mod does not work with your starbound crew

9. Imblazed247

ahh ok either way ill update today with a rename so all plays well together

10. kawsboy

11. Imblazed247

12. Imblazed247

13. Imblazed247

14. Imblazed247

15. Imblazed247

Imblazed247 updated Climbing Kunai with a new update entry:

Executable Modpak Installer

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Uhh, hate to break it to you dude, but NOBODY is going to actually use this stuff if it comes as an .exe

People who use mods want to control what goes into their game, and how. All the assurances in the world from you won't make people trust an .exe in this situation, because it isn't NEEDED. Installing a modpack is literally just a drag-and-drop, and suggesting to people that you need an executable to do this trips ALL the alarm bells.

I know you're probably excited that you made a fancy install program, but it simply isn't needed in this situation. Not trying to be mean, just saying that, like the turd-powered helicopter, this shit simply can't fly.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  17. Imblazed247

Thats one opinion thanks for it but honestly its nothing major Ive digitally signed it and it tells you what it is...a modpak installer not too uncontrolled there

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System....2nd Option opens a zip and puts it where you want...also youd be surprized how many people try to open the modpak when downloading..nothing more than a Zipped Modpak...Period

Sorry if change scares you..lol..but its all in making things convenient

Also Im only telling you what the AV will say no where in the warning will it say its a virus...
    It will say its new and only X number of people used it in the SO&SO Community

Besides Ive been here for a long time and my files are trusted by now Im sure

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  18. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fair enough. I guess I might have jumped a bit on this, I guess it just didn't occur to me that people had trouble getting mods going in SB. Compared to some games I've used mods in, SB doesn't even register on the difficult-to-mod scale. Sorry if I came off a bit rude there :nuruflirt:

One question though, how are these (and by extension the G-Hooks+ stuff) different to the standard grapple? I'm kinda curious, and there aren't any pictures or gifs to go by.

19. Imblazed247

Sorry i have to get better at that.... they cost no energy but i think thats been adapted to normal Ghooks

Regular Ghooks are same as the normal one but there is a reverse one that can let you traverse left to right

Then there are longer versions that allow further travel

ALSO...i guess i didnt read and were not allowed to use exes...ima ask more about it cause so long as theyre clean and well done i dont see why we cant

Ive been down voted and told to ""FIX YOUR FILE" cause people couldnt open a modpak...LOL

Damned if ya do and damned if you dont i guess lol

20. n8rtw

n8rtw Aquatic Astronaut

photo of use? that would be awesome ;)