1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue (Nintendo Switch, Editor) Storing groove not consistent for all commanders

Discussion in 'Support' started by Deminobody, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Deminobody

Deminobody Yeah, You!

Hello,

I'm working on a custom map on the Nintendo Switch (ver. 2.0.3) where I store the player's commander's groove into a counter at the end of a round so that I can load it again at the start of the next round and ensure it is the same as it was the previous round (no groove gain between player turns).

This works fine for Mercia whose groove remains constant between rounds, but it fails for Valdar whose groove diminishes each round and for Sedge whose groove increases each round. To recreate this issue create a custom map on a Nintendo Switch with the following (I promise, this is a faster test than it looks lol):
    1. Create a new custom map with the standard red Mercia vs blue Valder and two strongholds
    2. Adjust the map type from Skirmish to Scenario
    3. Adjust Blue Valder (player 2) to be AI-controlled (optional step, but speeds up testing)
    4. Place wall tiles around the blue Valder commander so he can't move
    5. Adjust the starting groove of the red Mercia commander to be 50%
    6. In the Event Editor, add a flag named Flag #0 that is off by default
    7. In the Event Editor, add a counter named Counter #0 with a starting value of 0
    8. In the Event Editor, add a trigger with:
      1. Properties
        Trigger Name: Trigger #0
        When: Repeat
      2. Players
        Only Player 1 (Red Mercia) checked
      3. Conditions
        At the end of the turn
        Is map flag Flag #0 true?
      4. Actions
        Transfer groove charge of Any Commander owned by Player 1 at Any Location: Store into Counter #0
    9. In the Event Editor, add a trigger with:
      1. Properties
        Trigger Name: Trigger #1
        When: Repeat
      2. Players
      3. Conditions
        At the start of the turn
        Is map flag Flag #0 true?
      4. Actions
        Transfer groove charge of Any Commander owned by Player 1 at Any Location: Load from Counter #0
    10. In the Event Editor, add a trigger with:
      1. Properties
        Trigger Name: Trigger #2
        When: Once
      2. Players
      3. Conditions
        At the end of a unit's turn
      4. Actions
        Set Map Flag Flag #0 to true
    11. From the map editor menu, choose Play Map
    12. When play starts, select the red Mercia commander and order her to wait without moving
    13. After the blue Valder takes its turn, check the groove charge of the red Mercia again. It should be 50% as intended
    14. Open the in-game menu and exit the mission
    15. In the editor, change the player properties of the red player (player 1) to have Valder as the new commander
    16. Change the red Valder commander's initial groove to 50 again
    17. From the map editor menu, choose Play Map
    18. When play starts, select the red Valder commander and order him to wait without moving
    19. After the blue Valder takes its turn, check the groove charge of the red Valder again. It should now be less than the intended 50%
    20. Open in the in-game menu and exit the mission
    21. In the editor, change the player properties of the red player (player 1) to have Sedge as the new commander
    22. Change the red Sedge commander's initial groove to 50 again
    23. From the map editor menu, choose Play Map
    24. When play starts, select the red Sedge commander and order him to wait without moving
    25. After the blue Valder takes its turn, check the groove charge of the red Sedge again. It should now be greater than the intended 50%
    26. Exit the map and save it for any future testing needs. This test is complete!

What I think is happening is that the store groove into counter action is storing the integer value of the commander's groove as a percent which is getting loaded as a percentage by the load groove from counter action. If fast charging commanders have a max groove value of 100, this is why commanders with very fast charging are losing charge (e.g. a 50% groove is an integer value of 25) while slow charging commanders are gaining charge (e.g. a 50% groove integer value is 100).

I hope this helps. Thanks for taking a look! :)

(Edit): I had the conditions backwards in steps 8 and 9

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020