Nintendo Switch Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colony, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Colony

Colony Void-Bound Voyager

Is the multiplayer on the switch going to require an online membership?

• Couch Tomato

Couch Tomato Aquatic Astronaut

Bump, this is actually pretty relevant and not on the FAQ. Also, will there be cross platform support? This will affect whether I buy on Switch or Steam. Ideally I'd like to play on the Switch, but if it's gonna be a limited experience, then I'd have to go for Steam.

• ARTRA

ARTRA Void-Bound Voyager

+1 to Mr. Tomato, i want it on my swich, but if mods, campaings and comunity creations are exclusive for steam, thats a big deal.
        Crossplay? Nintendo online required?

• matchet

matchet Master Chief

afaik, crossplay is intended. And campaigns and community creations are shareable via ingame map and campaign editor they showed in past devstreams
          the only which is impossible for obvious reasons is the steam workshop mods

• ARTRA

ARTRA Void-Bound Voyager

"campaigns and community creations are shareable via ingame map and campaign editor they showed in past devstreams" any links please, i saw some devstreams, but not that one.
            And well, if campaings and maps are share via ingame, and of course, steam mods would be very unlikely (but soo cool if miracles happens xD)is worth for swich.

• Ub3r_N8

Ub3r_N8 Poptop Tamer

I believe switch online is only required for nintendo first party games. So it SHOULD work...

• eraleis

eraleis Void-Bound Voyager

Nope, Switch online is required for every games except the free to play ones, Rocket league require the subscription for example, no reason for WarGroove not to need it too

• lawlladin

lawlladin Space Hobo

Eraleis is correct. Any game that is NOT free-to-play requires NSO. Stardew Valley is another Chucklefish game and it requires a NSO sub for online play, but not local coop.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hey!
                    You will need a NSO sub if you want to play online multiplayer, you won't need it for downloading/uploading content or local co-op though!
                    Crossplay will be between PC, Switch and Xbox1, which includes all the shareable content. If you create something on the switch, people on Xbox and PC will be able to download it and play too! :)

MuddyNucks and Colony like this.
                    • ChrisPocket

ChrisPocket Space Hobo

Shubeans likes this.
                    • Ub3r_N8

Ub3r_N8 Poptop Tamer

Oh, I guess it does.

• MuddyNucks

MuddyNucks Space Hobo

This is really awesome tbh!!!

• Couch Tomato

Couch Tomato Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for answering! Apparently Nintendo Online isn't too expensive... just $20 a year. So you've got my $$$$.

• ARTRA

ARTRA Void-Bound Voyager

You can make a family group with other 7 friends to pay only 4.40, i have that and works 100% perfectly.