Modding Help No Children after 2 Years

Discussion in 'Mods' started by mityapotion, Mar 9, 2020.

1. mityapotion

mityapotion Master Chief

Hi everyone! I'm posting because, after ~2 years of being married to Maru she's never asked to have kids, and I suspect mod trouble. Here's my SMAPI log: a quick rundown of my history of trying follows.
    • The reason I think it's a deeper issue and not incredibly bad luck is I have Adjust Baby Chance, and it's at 1.0 (i.e., there's 100% probability she asks).
    • I used to use BWDY's Polyamory mod, but after it became defunct in the recent update, I had no choice but to move on from my second great love (RIP Elliott). That was around a year of gameplay, and I think Maru had a full season to ask before we married him. So I think my problems probably partially stem from that, though I can't prove it.
    • I keep getting a problem with one of my CP mods and Maru maternity outfit patches, but I don't think it's that, because the issues far outdate that mod, and I don't think a texture mod could affect this, anyway.
    • We went to Harvey and she is NOT having fertility issues, so an in game explanation is out /j
    Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. This was my first save file, and I'm really invested in the idea of having kids with her. Got names picked out and everything. If any other logs are needed, let me know.

• jenf

jenf Void-Bound Voyager

Try updating smapi to the latest version and see what that does

Edit: There also seems to be a problem with Diverse SDV Seasonal. Try reinstalling that.

• mityapotion

mityapotion Master Chief

No dice : ( Here's the new log.
        Edit: could it be an issue with my save file, maybe?

• jenf

jenf Void-Bound Voyager

Don't know then. May just have to go the mod page and report it as a bug

• honor1702

honor1702 Void-Bound Voyager

Are you sure she hasn't asked? It could be the Vanilla game issue, where a farm event is selected to run on the night the child should be born , or a problem with the vanilla requirements (i.e. are you not sleeping in the house but a cabin).

"Personal events

If no farm event was selected from the above list (regardless of whether the event did something), the game chooses from one of these events instead.

Child is born or delivered
            See also: Children
            This event is chosen if you agreed to have a child 14 days ago in the spouse asks for a child event. The child appears in the farmhouse crib the next day.

Bug: if another event is selected above, the child is never born or delivered.

Spouse asks for a child
            If married to an NPC:

This event has a 5% chance of being chosen if you've been married for at least 7 days, sleeping at home, have at least 10 hearts with your spouse, have the nursery upgrade, aren't already having a child, and have no children or one child at the toddler age.
            Your spouse asks if you want to have a child. If you agree, the child is born or delivered after 14 days."

• mityapotion

mityapotion Master Chief

I'm pretty sure I meet all the vanilla requirements. I'm sleeping at home with her every night, the house is fully upgraded, etc. Unless there's some minute requirement I could be overlooking? (If she's refusing to ask bc I was taking the wrong side of the bed, that's next level! /j) Considering it's been 2 years and that I have adjust baby chance, I really don't think the cutscene issue could be a factor.

Update: it's resolved! I couldn't tell you what changed, because I changed a lot of variables at once (changed a buncha mods), but the next time I logged on she was pregnant without even asking the question. Thank you all for your help!! ^_^
              [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2020
              • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Please note that stacking posts is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.