no kids, no extra stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kurachi84, May 25, 2019.

1. Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i see lots of suggestions from people who don't want kids ingame
    now, there's been quite some suggestions, and i have 2 in 1, basically

my suggestion is that you only get the extra beds and crib AFTER you and your spouse got the first kid
    if that room is being used, you cannot get a kid, and the spouse will warn you about that, until the room is empty
    then to avoid all this extra dialogue, for those who do NOT want kids at all, we can have some way, be it an option in the menu or a speech option, to say "i don't want kids"
    this stays like that, until you do something like turn off the option in the options menu, or after you decide to get kids by talking about that
    now i don't want to see my spouse or anyone else mentioning it everytime, so maybe something near the divorce book in Lewis' house

in short: extra beds and crib gone until you have at least 1 kid, which we only can get when that room isn't being used
    then we can have an easy way to say permanently "no kids" so we never have our spouse ask for kids, which we can undo by doing something

i know there are mods for that, but i rather not use a house mod that may get rid of all my set stuff, and not having to wait for mods to be updated, IF the creators are even still working on them to update them all the time, in the future
    plus console updates are always behind, sometimes farther than otherwise

if i can have a choice, i'd want it to be an option in the options menu
    maybe for those who take the game more seriously than i do, we can have some sort of "baby gift" to make clear to our spouse that we want a baby, so that players start about it, and the spouse gladly says "yes"

anyone liking this? maybe you have another way of using this suggestion?
    get it out, and let CA know here, cuz i'm sure he'll peek around now and then :)

SilverTwilight05 and Skinflint like this.
    • WhitneyFox

WhitneyFox Void-Bound Voyager

You can't try for a child until you have the 2nd house upgrade so this option won't work. Also, that room comes with the beds and crib, so there is no way to fill up the room to prevent the beds from being placed there.

Or are you suggesting that ConcernedApe completely changes the 2nd house upgrade process? That would probably be a lot of coding to ask him to do when there are already several mods that remove the furniture. Using the mods is far easier. If you add the mod as soon as you get the 2nd upgrade before you start adding furniture or wallpapers/flooring, the mod won't change anything other than remove the beds and crib. If you're worried about the creators keeping things up to date, look for mods that have been updated/have update codes and the creators are active in the posts/bugs section. There are several mods that remove the beds/crib, so finding one that suits your needs is more than possible.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i was suggesting that i'd prefer to see it being added AFTER one gets a kid
        and i know mods are easy to use, but i don't want to rely on them all the time, and many people cannot use mods
        i make this suggestion not only for myself, but for everyone who would like this

look, if the answer "use mods" would be THE answer, the mods may aswell take away the suggestion sub-forum, don't you think

and a few of my characters already have their house filled, which is why i don't use those kinds of mods
        otherwise i'd have a bigger cellar by now, it's just that many kegs and such are busy all the time (automate mod)

and i doubt it's that much coding compared to so many other things
        besides, mods already do it, so it's already known how much coding it'd be

also "completely changes the 2nd house upgrade" is over exaggerating, as it's just those 2 beds and a crib to be optional, plus the bit where you cannot let it overwrite the stuff you'd already have there

SilverTwilight05 and Skinflint like this.
        • SilverTwilight05

SilverTwilight05 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree, it would be nice if the beds/cribs were optional, only present if there were children in the house, or toggle-able. Doesn't seem too difficult to do.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

well, it may be more coding than just making it toggle-able, since one would need to code it so that it's only when you get a kid, and then avoid conflicts when players put something there, and want kids while stuff is in that area, it may be more than "a little coding"
            but imo it's worth it, since i have seen many people NOT wanting kids, so that area is for me almost unusued (sometimes i put a chest with junk i may wanna keep there)
            difficult? yeah, i doubt that, aside from testing for bugs, which may be rather time consuming than difficult

problem would be that the crib is used for kids, so if one wants to avoid too much working on it, one should make the spouse NOT asking for kids when it's toggled off, that's probably the only bit that may consume some time
            but hey, CA said he's making a huge update with, most likely, new villagers :)

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I find weird to upgrade your house and come with the kids bedroom automatically,I instinctively thought that you had to upgrade or purchase children furniture if you wished to had a child, for me It was a mistake of CA development process.

SilverTwilight05 and Kurachi84 like this.
              • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

buying it to be able to get kids? that sounds even better than switching it off :D

Pierre will help with such things!! (did i do it right, mr. Pierre?)

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well it's just another room, it should be up to you to decor or to transform the room into something else.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

well, i can use that small room for some machines, to make money with
                    i have a huge shed mod, but in that small room, i can put some stuff to make quick money (see coffee beans on automate, which i plant inside the house and 48 spots in greenhouse, then sell all coffee at the end of each season), and in the cellar i put garden pots with hops, throw them into the chest automated with kegs + casks, and leave it alone, aisdre from throwing them in the chest each day.... may want to change something, to add casks, as they grow way faster than casks produce :rofl:

but i like it to buy stuff for kids, in case you want them, instead of having them while wanting no kids at all
                    and mods change the whole house (or at least the whole living room section), so i'd need to stop all products, put everything elsewhere, and then add the mod
                    i have the huge shed, and 1 room i'll use as living room, the spouse (on characters who have or will have one) will be gone a lot of times anyway, and when home, they stand near the skeleton i put in one of the beds :rofl: