Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

indeed it is, although its not exactly his... my brother wanted something similar. do you want the old mod so you can check it out? it looks way better animated

2. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

thank you! im out of the woods as far as the stomach issues but now i got a build up of gunk in my chest from melting my esophagus... so trying to get rid of that

3. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

Big round hills, maybe, but at least 6 hours far away:
    Alpine Ski Shop Appalachian Ski MTN.
    https://goo.gl/maps/HYrSkBoDtzG2

I've never tried any boarding activities before, but once we moved to Norway was it easy to decide to pick up a snowboard and just start learning. Everyone says it is more difficult than skiing and alas, most of my friends here have been "born with skis on". So it is not easy for me, but I won't give up and it is a pure joy to ride!
    If you enjoy steep you will LOVE the real experience (once you are done with all the falling that is!)

4. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

got done all my errands this morning and i got 100% completion on alaska dlc for steep yesterday so looks like its time to work on some lightsabers!

Daldril likes this.
  5. RedArch

RedArch Void-Bound Voyager

Cool! Can't wait to see them.

6. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

you are fast!!! congrats! I was stomping some powder yesterday and today :nuruninja:

7. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

yeah only two wingsuit challenges gave me some trouble but in the end i got all 24 golds and they exploring was easy after paragliding from the summit of denali and sprialing in different directions each time.... and the fact that i love this game also helps

Daldril likes this.
  8. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the alternative cross-saber design (the one in the sketch) makes more sense than Kylo's one in the movie, but the artistic freedom is yours!

As for the old mod, if you still have the files I'd like to see it. :)

9. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

actual functionality i agree 100% and to be honest i like the sketched design better than the original Kylo Ren saber, and here is the old MOD....i think all of them are able to be crafted in the seperator for the same mats as the violium broadsword, but if thats not working then you can just admin them in with "netrasaber", "twohandedredlightsaber" and "twohandedgreenlightsaber"....netrasaber is the cross-saber

xaliber likes this.
  10. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

aviansaberhilt.png
    @ImHereForTheMods is this going in the right direction as far as design for the single saber?

Daldril likes this.
  11. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Definitely going the right direction! Looks awesome! Great work!
    =)

Thanks so much!

12. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

very good...i can proceed with creating the blade and start preliminary work on the double saber

13. ImHereForTheMods

Cool!
    Is that the final handle, by the way?
    Thanks again!

14. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

it is the final hilt for the single saber now im going to make the double bladed one using a design similar

15. ImHereForTheMods

Cool! Could the double one have a crystal on it? That'd be cool.
    Thanks again!

16. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

indeed it will, my plan is to have the crystal be the coupling point for the double

also the single saber is about 95% done im basically at the point where im fin tuning the idle stance and animation timings so do you want a piece at a time or wait till i have the double completed as well?

also also... what alternate ability would you like? a big slash? something like flying slash? do you want to block?... a modified flipping slash?

17. ImHereForTheMods

Cool, I like that idea!
    That was quick! Good work! =D
    Thanks for the update!
    I can wait until they are both done! That would be fine!

I think a modified flip slash sounds cool! That's like, my fav ability of all time, haha.

Thanks again!

18. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

ok do you have an idea of how you want it to be

19. ImHereForTheMods

The flipslash ability? Default would be fine, or whatever you come up with. =)

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

ok cool

ImHereForTheMods likes this.