1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

No Xbox version in sight, but what about controller support?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Neumeier, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Neumeier

Neumeier Orbital Explorer

So I know that you guys (Chucklefish) have pretty much gone dark on porting Starbound to Xbox.
    The reason being that the multiplayer wasn't working right. That said, would there be a problem with bringing over true controller support from the buggy Xbox build to the PC version?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I suppose this will be another thread talking about how bad CF is in making promises.

But, yeah. I don't know about controller support, but it's not a bad idea if they did it.

Maethendias likes this.
  3. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

If you are interested, I did make this controller oriented interface mod as an experiment of sorts. Perhaps this will be suited to your tastes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1875368556

It has a couple of drawbacks that are listed on the mod's page, but otherwise it is a pretty good way to play once you get the hang of it. I, personally, can really roll through the items for some fast paced action (not to mention the glove weapons become super powerful simply because an L and R buttons makes it so much easier to use it rapidly.)