Modding Help Not being able to place down items (Furniture, Machines, Chests)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zeefasimoo, May 22, 2020.

1. Zeefasimoo

Zeefasimoo Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy, I am terrible at explaining things simply so sorry for this ramble.

Has anyone had an odd bug where you can't place down anything no matter where you are in the game but no errors pop up on your smapi log? I've been trying for the past day or two to figure this out on my own and went through the normal steps but haven't gotten any luck so far.

This is what I did (in no particular order):
    • Restarting my laptop then running stardew via smapi
    • Using smapi log parse to check, update, and delete mods
    • Taking out large mods (so far I did Seasonal Garden Farmhouse V2 and Sundrop City), run smapi, make a new game file, then playing a bit on the new file
    • Running the game through steam (just running it without any mods at all but I highly doubt this did anything)
    • Deleting all save files in the game
    • Deleted all files in C:\Users\[name of user]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
    • Deleted all files in D :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\save-backups (my smapi and mods are all stored in a usb drive)
    Those last three methods I used was me desperately trying to grab at straws because I just wanna play my game, it doesn't matter to me if I have to start over again so long as I can play without not being able to put stuff down. I'm going to use the third method for a bit but since I have 344 mods, (346 if you include the ConsoleCommands and Saveback in the mods folder) it's going to take me awhile to get through them all so I'll also being looking for other methods on my own and will update this post whenever I come across something that might give me good results. But I would be truly grateful to anyone willing to me figure out this problem. If you need me to provide a list of all the mods I'm using, then I will post another list. Thank you for your time.

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

Could you post your latest log?

• Zeefasimoo

Zeefasimoo Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the late reply, I managed to find out that this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6121) was the one causing that odd glitch. I'm not sure how come no error shows up in my smapi when I try using it or why it doesn't let you put down anything even if I download it properly. Thank you for offering help though, it's much appreciated.