Resolved not responding issue on pc

Discussion in 'Support' started by jefftrick, Jul 6, 2019.

1. jefftrick

jefftrick Space Hobo

hi, purchased this via steam today. i can play for an arbitrary amount of time (0-30 mins) before the game freezes and i get a "not responding" status in the task manager, at which point my only option is to kill it manually and try again. i've gotten this half a dozen or so times in the past couple hours. i've dug around google and these forums - no crash logs are generated, nothing in event viewer, i've updated my graphics drivers, reinstalled, etc.

anyone have any suggestions?

windows 10 64-bit
    i5-6500
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB FTW+ ACX 2.0+

let me know if i can provide any other info that might help. thanks.

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

How strange, I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you! This is the first I've heard of this particular issue.

Is there anything in game that you're doing when this happens? (Changing areas, saving, getting damaged, etc).
      Is there anything on your PC that could be happening during this time? (Losing controller / network / sound device / graphics device connectivity)
      Do you have an aggressive anti-virus active?

Hope we find a solution!

• jefftrick

jefftrick Space Hobo

Doesn't seem to be anything in game. Happens during regular gameplay, menuing, all of the above I guess.
        No aggressive antivirus, only running windows defender.
        I will try taking other things out of the equation (controller etc.) and test.

• jefftrick

jefftrick Space Hobo

Update: problem seems to be something with the controller. unplugging it and using the keyboard instead seems to work. very confusing, it's a wired xbox 360 controller which i haven't had issues with in other games. would be nice to know why and be able to use the controller, but keyboard is doable. feel free to mark as resolved unless you have any other questions. thanks for the help.

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Going to go ahead and mark this as resolved.