1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Note delivery/parcel delivery side missions being duplicated.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by InternetIntrovert, May 3, 2018.

1. InternetIntrovert

InternetIntrovert Void-Bound Voyager

So, this is a very minor bug, doesn't make the game unplayable, but I have encountered it enough times that it is slightly annoying.

When you accept a note delivery or parcel quest from an NPC it gives you the parcel you need to deliver. Though, this is not usually the case when you accept two of the same type of delivery missions. You could accept a note delivery mission from one NPC and then you see there is another NPC requesting the same quest type. If you accept that mission I have found that there is a fair chance that the note from the first NPC is duplicated, making the second NPC's quest invalid and impossible to complete without cheats (I don't know if it even is possible with cheats.).

The same goes for parcel missions, you get the mission from the first NPC, you receive the parcel, you accept the mission from the second NPC, you get a duplicated parcel.

I don't know the chances of this happening but so far it has happened quite a few times. Sorry, I know this is a small issue but I mean, any help is OK help, I think.

I currently have no mods, my character that this has been happening frequently on is a hardcore character (I don't know if this will help) but it did happen to my casual character a few times. I play Starbound on Steam.

If you need any other info please ask, I will answer as soon as I can.

2. MelOzone

MelOzone Pangalactic Porcupine

Can confirm it, it happens pretty much consistently. When you pick two quests with notes in the same settlement, quite often (subjectively, 50%) one of them is bugged this way. Experienced on the latest stable Steam version.

InternetIntrovert likes this.