Novelty Side Quests

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Aristocrit, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Would you like this to be added to the game?

1. YES, NOW.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO, WHY?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aristocrit

Aristocrit Seal Broken

Remember that Side Quest given to you by an Apex that required you to beat Mazebound 64? If you have, proceed. If you haven't, search the quest in the official Starbound wiki. The quest rewards you with a Novelty Banana which you can throw like a beachball and it will emit particles. So, I thought it would be fun if there were more quests like these.

The rewards would be racial. For example, the in-game one was given by an Apex, it would make sense if the reward was a banana. MORE: Quest was given by an Avian, the reward is going to be a Novelty Avian-themed item. The only thing I see that needs to be added for this to work is more arcade games on the Outpost Arcade Machine.

The objective is to beat the arcade game and get a "Winning Ticket (Name of Quest(changeable)). I really like this to be added into the game, because more arcade machine interaction = why not?

TELL ME HOW TO IMPROVE IT.

2. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

Or instead of an arcade game for each maybe you have to do something else. Perhaps the Novakid require you to play a song on an instrument or the hylotl want you to own a fish tank.

3. Aristocrit

Aristocrit Seal Broken

Yes, the objective could be also racial-themed. The difficulty needs to be right; not too easy nor too hard.

DrFlashbang likes this.
  4. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, like perhaps the floral one requires the player to make some kind of hunting weapon.