1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

"Nox's Apprentice" Achievement Broken?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by taximes, Dec 29, 2016.

1. taximes

taximes Void-Bound Voyager

I was close to getting 100% on Starbound so I was going to go for it, but this achievement seems broken for me.

I got the "Villain" one for killing an NPC, and I've definitely killed other non-NPC players in multiplayer (several times), but haven't unlocked this.

2. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

It may be a similar thing to terraria. It's achievements sometimes don't work too.
    There is a simple list of things to do that I use and mostly resolve this problem :
    1. Restart the game and retry.
    2. Try it another day.
    3. Go to steam library, find starbound, right click and select properties. Then go to local files and Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
    4. If none of this worked reinstall the whole game and retry.

If none of these helped you. Something is really wrong. And I am sorry to say I can't help you.
    The only way I can help you is if you needed someone to kill. I'm mostly free to join and be killed :)

T0ASTY likes this.
  3. taximes

taximes Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the suggestions...sadly, still no achievement, even after reinstalling. :(

Guess I have to wait for an update and try again.

4. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to hear that. And sorry for replying so late. Wasn't here for a while. I wish you good luck mate!

5. Steamwolf

Steamwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Try doing it with a friend in p2p if you haven't already.