1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

NPC Animations not working

Discussion in 'Support' started by CaptainBragd, Oct 18, 2017.

1. CaptainBragd

CaptainBragd Void-Bound Voyager

So I've ran into this bug where character animations wont play for certain stuff, so far I have noticed that Leah wont work on her sculptures anymore or use her sketchbook by the lake, Robin wont hammer when she's working on new constructions for you, all in silence as the usual sounds of them hammering wont play either. Abigail wont "sit" on the couch when she is at the saloon, but stands on the couch and even turns if you talk to her. And the ladies work-out day is just them standing around.

I captured a gif of Leah bugging out like this here.

Robin standing in silence with hammer raised here.

The ladys workout session here.

I am running a number of mods, but none that I think directly affects NPC animations aside from edited sprites of course as you can see in the gif. Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

SMAPI mods Im currently running include:

AutoGate

BetterRanching

ChefsCloset

CJBItemSpawner

CustomCritters

GetDressed

GiftTasteHelper

ImprovedQualityOfLife

Longevity

MoreArtifactDigspot

NoFenceDecay

NPCMapLocations

SeasonalImmersion

TreeTransplant

Beyond that I have a few sprite mods, and dialogue changes (thought none affecting the NPCs that refuse to animate propper), and Karmyllas Immersive NPC map edits.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• CaptainBragd

I am gonna try that out. thank you!

• CaptainBragd

HANG ON, I opened the game without SMAPI and noticed that sans my SMAPI mods at least Robins hammering works fine.

So I tried switching a few mods on and off, and as long as I am not using RTGoats Longevity it seems to work fine :c which is a darn shame because it is by far one of my favourite mods. I tried turning of pieces of it, like the Dynamic NPC Clothing or the More Crops Mod but neither seemed to work :c I'll go to their page on the Nexus and ask for help directly. Thank you for the feedback either way <3

Katzeus likes this.