NPC NPC Disappearances

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by vhgiv, Oct 2, 2015.

1. vhgiv

vhgiv Big Damn Hero

I do not know if this has been covered or not but there are have been many times I am off in the world on who knows what little goal I have set off for myself and when heading back to a camp where I know NPCs are and they are all gone.

Anyway I am just wondering if people have asked for some kind of Event or item of evidence that tells the fate of the group of people or person that lived in any area instead of having them disappear (even though I know well that they may have been killed by any creature in that world). It would be nice to have a body to come back too, Or a gravestone for the NPC. It could even be some kind of fighting grounds.

It is just something that would make the NPC's life more meaningful if they had a story.

2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

Too bad, that is life. You adventure and became merchant, then you get attack by monster as you die. A story untold by many still.:pfff::sarcasm:

3. vhgiv

vhgiv Big Damn Hero

How do you know they died? Was there a body? They could have just moved on. Would have been nice to have them leave a note (Especially if they say "Hey there Insert Your Name here, I am here to help you and if you have any questions talk to me"). It was just something that would be nice if they did in fact died to leave some evidence of the death. If not maybe they are still alive and just rude not to tell anyone where they went. :p

I think it would be kinda cool to have a body in till someone comes by to bury them or do whatever they want to do with a corpse. (Destroy, Move, Bury)

4. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

See this is where the "Arrow to the knee" come from. they end up being guards or so. pretty much burnt up into ashes or become particles of atoms that never join again...or being a guard or life.