NPC NPC wars

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by codwawguy66, May 19, 2015.

1. codwawguy66

codwawguy66 Phantasmal Quasar

Village inhabitants should be able to fight other villages/cities. I have somewhat of an order of how bad the fights get...
    • Villages use rocks, fists and sticks as weapons, but they won't kill each other.
    • Villagers use all of the above, but badly hurt each other.
    • Villagers use sharpened sticks and rocks to kill each other.
    • Villagers use spears, clubs, weak hammers, and bows.
    • Villagers use metal weapons like iron, copper, and steel to kill each other.
    • Villagers use guns that vary in damage, rate of fire, accuracy, etc.
    • Villagers use guns and depending on how big the city is...small gunships and other military vehicles.
    • Villagers use biological and chemical weapons on each other and use artillery, the weapons above.
    • Villagers use nuclear weapons on each other. These will destroy structures/enviroment and cause weather like dust storm, sand storm, snow, acid rain, and nuclear snow.
    And maybe we could participate in the wars?
    Any ideas?:DD:rofl::DD

zegz, XRiZUX and dinoridley like this.
  2. Artimas@

Artimas@ Void-Bound Voyager

thats sounds pretty cool to have... imagine a war between two planets or even galaxys?!?

codwawguy66 likes this.
  3. Shphrd

Shphrd Void-Bound Voyager

This could also escalate into space battles! Ship to ship combat would be awesome! Systems could be raided by pirates and send out distress calls. On larger servers, this could even been a way to call players to one point.

Also, it would be cool to see a more civilized faction, say Glitch or Human being raided by Floran tribes, for instance. Could create a unique dynamic when exploring. Side quests for each faction in the fight would be cool, that way the player could choose who to fight for. So many ideas!

Great start to a thread! I'm interested to see how far the community takes this idea!

codwawguy66 likes this.
  4. codwawguy66

Sometimes the more civilized factions could even enslave some of the weaker factions. On a more random side of things, creatures could be used in combat. I'm thinking that the Florans would do this a lot... Maybe the ships could be seen in the distance doing different things. I really like your guys ideas! :up:

Shphrd likes this.
  5. Shphrd

This could even lead to slave ship encounters. Boarding a hostile ship to save people that could end up being part of your crew. So many possibilities spawning off of one idea!

codwawguy66 likes this.
  6. codwawguy66

Maybe you could eventually go even further with the crew thing and have a whole army! That could make galactic wars even better! I'm loving the ideas!

7. Shphrd

Picture going to a planet under siege for the first time and the whole skyline is just a massive capital ship :) that would be cool as shit! Then you could find old battlefields in space and scavenge parts for your ship for fleet, or just sell the scraps!

And if we are incorporating the ship more, maybe even large scale ship mining?

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  8. codwawguy66

Imagine if you could hear that capital ship making sounds in the distance. Like loud clanks and booms and stuff! and when your ship arrives to the planet you can see clouds around the ship. Maybe a rare space battlefield could be the first colonization ships sent out, but were destroyed from space pirates. Space battlefields are a very good idea!
    With the large scale mining, there could be different groups you could work with or for. Maybe you could come across a failed mining operation, like erichus horror but more realistic like dead space. Keep up the good work! :up::)

9. Artimas@

if this happens then we would have a massive guild system. imagine...guild vs guild to parts of the limitless galaxy, fighting alongside npc and other players raiding the guilds until they have nothing to lose or they surrender. they would also raid random player planets or tax us for being in their sector . this game shows many possibilities as well the mods also serve as a form of defense to upgrade and specify guilds or raiders.

10. dinoridley

dinoridley Master Chief

• Since you mentioned nuclear weaponry, it would be EPIC to invade a nuclear facility and (I would imagine the fight for it would be incredibly hard) steal the nukes and bombs to use at your own will. MWUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHH! And, while still on the topic, it would be cool to have the different races using different kinds of bombs and techniques to topple the other civilizations e.g The humans use nuclear type bombs and fancy,fancy guns and the Apex weaponise the ape flu and use clones and other insane monkey science - keep in mind that Im just scratching the surface of different tactics and bombs and that banter and all the races would probably use 100s of different strategies. Thanks for reading! :mwahaha:

11. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'll love to see two USCM Prisons whacking each others' arse with steel chairs once this happens!

12. dinoridley

dinoridley Master Chief

:saywhat:

13. illuminati168

illuminati168 Aquatic Astronaut

14. Artimas@

would it be cool to have guilds with specific mods and form colonies just to claim sectors. like the halo but only covenant species guild fight the other halo human guild then suddenly a mass effect guild comes and wipes everyone out? I'd loved to go to a planet and see two modded factions duke it out.

15. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I support those ideas, would be fun.

16. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Sounds interesting. Stabound = Fallout 5 confirmed?

17. PanzerSpace

PanzerSpace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I planning to make navigation describe,one is on my drawing set but need digital pics.

Maybe we put it as space event?

18. zegz

zegz Void-Bound Voyager

Yes yes yes yes yes. As long as they re-spawn. This would be all I would do. You should have a diplomacy tab that lets you see ongoing wars, do quests that build up rep, turn friendly fire on/off and certain events that get you rep. By doing quests and events, you degrade your relationships with the other factions it is at war with. It should let wars be stopped and opponents change who they fight. Factions could include one or two for each race. Eg. USCM, Human refugee coalition, Human convicts, Apex something, Apex rebels, Avian cult, Avian refugees, Hylotl Refugees, Floran cult, United civilised florans, Glitch Kingdom, Glitch Exiles, Novakid State , Novakid bandits and Bandit gangs.

*Rep = Reputation / guild points / faction points (Whatever you wanna call it)

19. Anxoczt

Anxoczt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1
    Too much awesome to handle