Modding Help NPC's Spawning With Clothes, Without Body [Solved]

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SureinDragon, Jun 23, 2019.

1. SureinDragon

SureinDragon Big Damn Hero

Hello!
    I have a very interesting problem here due to the lack of documentation on .npctype files I think.

I have an NPC set to spawn in the outpost, and it does so with the proper clothes and dialogue, but no body!
    I don't know how to specify race in my .npctype file.

Would anyone know a fix to this problem? Or how to establish the proper race in my .npctype file?
    I used Skittles Advance Race Mod as a base.

EDIT:
    I've found the imagePath variable under the "identity" section. However, when I direct it to "myrace" (which I assume is directing to /humanoid/myrace) it uses... I think the human color pallete? Instead of the "bodyColor" dictated in my myrace.species file.

Is bodyColor a variable I can use under identity? Is there a list of variables that fall under the "identity" I can look at somewhere?

EDIT 3:
    Everything is working with the following criteria:
    "identity" : {
    "gender" : "female",
    "imagePath" : "myrace",
    "hairGroup" : "hair",
    "hairType" : "fem1",
    "personalityIdle" : "idle.2",
    "personalityArmIdle" : "idle.2",
    "bodyDirectives" : "?replace=ffe2c5FF=fff3c0FF?replace=ffc181FF=f7de78FF?replace=d39c6cFF=f0c75aFF?replace=c7815bFF=e9ac44",
    "emoteDirectives" : "?replace=ffe2c5FF=fff3c0FF?replace=ffc181FF=f7de78FF?replace=d39c6cFF=f0c75aFF?replace=c7815bFF=e9ac44"
    },

I am still very, very interested in some documentation of the .npctype files, so if anyone has more info for me let me know!

--

As a side note, what is the "FF" ending on "ffe2c5FF"?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

you set the race of the npc in the dungeon file. Here is an example from the cutlistcamp.json

Code:
    {
                     "height":8,
                     "id":779,
                     "name":"",
                     "properties":
                        {
                         "npc":"human",
                         "typeName":"cultist"
                        },
                     "rotation":0,
                     "type":"",
                     "visible":true,
                     "width":8,
                     "x":96,
                     "y":272
                    }
    So this spawns a human of the npctype cutlist.

3. projectmayhem

As for the body color

Code:
    "bodyDirectives" : "?replace=ffe2c5FF=fff7ecFF?replace=ffc181FF=f9d3a9FF?replace=d39c6cFF=d3a57cFF?replace=c7815bFF=b37c5dFF",
    this is the code i used to make sure my npc spawned white, since she is an npc from a cartoon, I needed her to always spawn as her race in the show.

4. SureinDragon

Ah, its the bodyDirectives that i need! I wish there was better documentation for this filetype xD
    Thank you Mayhem!

EDIT:
    Oh good, everythings all fixed except the fact that my npc's clothing is situation one pixel to the right during their idle stance?? What now?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. projectmayhem

Are you using custom clothing on your npc?
    If so, put some on your character and see if it looks normal.
    If it does look normal on you, your species body parts might need shifted one pixel to the left.
    If the clothing is one pixel off on your toon also, the custom clothing might be off by one pixel

6. SureinDragon

Looks like my shoes had gotten shifted one pixel to the right in editing somewhere xD All fixed now!