REQUEST Numerical values

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BroCube, Feb 12, 2017.

1. BroCube

BroCube Orbital Explorer

Simple interface tweak(s) that display numerical values (in addition to heart values or whatnot):
    • Actual friendship score with NPC's in the menu
    • Friendship score and mood score in the animal dialog box
    • Some way to see your friendship score with your pet

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/541/? This mod does all that

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I'm sorry, but what functional use is there in seeing the exact numbers? :S
        Everything is geared to increments represented by the hearts, I cannot think of any reason to need the numeric values :S

• BroCube

BroCube Orbital Explorer

This mod is pretty cool, but it doesn't show total points at all times, only "points remaining to next heart"

I always prefer precise numbers rather than clunky graphics in UI elements. The game code uses numbers, after all. If nothing else, it's just interesting. But I have a lot of questions I'd like to test:

NPC's can have four states of friendship points, marriage candidate (8 heart), marriage candidate bouquet unlock (10 heart), non-marriage candidate (10 heart), and spouse (12/13 heart). The max amount of points for 10-heart non-marriage candidates is actually (250 x 10) + plus a 249-point buffer on top of 10 hearts, for a total of 2749.
          • does 8-heart marriage candidate decay lock actually work as written?
          • does 8-heart allow the 249-point buffer that 10-heart allows, letting you get to 1 point shy of 9 hearts before unlocking 10-heart?
          • is the max amount of points behind-the-scenes still 2749 for 8-hearts and it gets artificially reduced once 10-heart unlocks or is it capped at 2249 (or 2000)?
          • once 10-heart is unlocked, does decay resume as it would if a non-marriage candidate had eight out of ten hearts unlocked, or is decay permanently locked between 8 and 10 for marriage candidates?
          • for all of the above questions, same thing but for after marriage for your spouse between 10 and 12/13
          • does decay either at 8 or between 8 and 10 remain locked for other marriage candidates after you're married?
          • since your spouse can actually get 13/12 hearts, what is the actual point cap for marriage candidates (3249, 3499, or unlimited)?
          EDIT: and more stuff that I'd like to test...

• I got Penny to 10 hearts without giving her a bouquet, and it wasn't by a birthday gift like it has been with others, so I think the game continues to score friendship points between 8 and 10 but then ignores the actual hearts until it reaches the 10 threshold and triggers events anyway
          • Gifting NPC's who are at max hearts bumps them up the list in the menue (which is sorted by friendship score) which implies that the score continues to rise infinitely past 2749 rather than capping at it

all things I can't know unless I can see the loadout of the actual numbers

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
          • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

So just add however many points a heart is?

• BroCube

BroCube Orbital Explorer

As per the rest of that same post you quoted, I want to test a lot of things and the only way to do that is by seeing the exact numbers. And also as noted in that same post, I find numbers more aesthetically pleasing than clunky graphic-based rounding.

margotbean likes this.
              • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Entoarox has refused to to this modification before. I dun think anyone's going to talk him into it. I'd love to see the actual numbers too... just not enough to figure out how to make my own mod. Perhaps if you posted in the thread for the Lookup Anything mod, Pathoschild would consider adding it.