Server Help online help

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by hobo6940, Jun 16, 2018.

1. hobo6940

hobo6940 Space Hobo

me and my friend both have stardew. we both enjoy it very much. but we would like to play with each other but we can't. we downloaded it off of a website not on steam or anything like steam. we just got it of a website. is there any other way to play togher that is not LAN or is LAN the only way I can do it by? thanks for any info to help us to solve this.

sorry for the repeated post. I did not try to

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
    • KiraRubyFarmer

KiraRubyFarmer Space Spelunker

Step 1. Opt-in for the beta
      Let's go over this bit by bit, as this itself is a multi-step process.

1. Right click on Stardew Valley in your Steam library
      2. Click on 'Properties'
      3. Click on the 'Betas' tab
      4. Enter the code jumpingjunimos in the 'Enter beta access code to unlock private betas' section
      5. Click 'Check code'
      6. Click on the drop menu under 'Select the beta you would like to opt in to'
      7. Click on 'beta -- Help new test updates before they go live!'
      8. Close the Properties window
      The game will now download and install a small update. It will also say [beta] next to the title in your library.

• hobo6940

hobo6940 Space Hobo

like I said before I did not get it stardew valley on steam my friend sent it to me in a folder that I had to unzip on my computer. so I don't think that that will work.

• Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

let me get this straight. You are going to the official forum and telling that you downloaded the game from some site?
          Downloading the game from some site without having paid = illegally acquisition
          Stardew Valley doesn't deserve this treating. I encourage you to buy it. You get so much content for this little price.

The online multiplayer right now is designed for steam and GOG etc. Those are the plattforms selling it.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@hobo6940 where did you download the game from? If it is not a legit copy you will most likely receive no support at all on the official forums.
            The multiplayer is still beta. You can opt in following these steps here: https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-3-beta/

If you both dont own the game legitimately i highly recommend buying the game otherwise you will most likely receive no support here.

• hobo6940

hobo6940 Space Hobo

ok. thank you all. I would have to look at website it would be on but thats ok.