Mob Ore Beetles

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Jotur, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Do you like Ore Beetles?

1. Heck, Yes!

88.5%
  2. Nope.avi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Abstain

11.5%
  1. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

EDIT: Oops...

2. cederjack

cederjack Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you

3. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Also when I think of Ore Beetle I see them more like this:
    [​IMG]

4. Dr. Death [Lexx]

Dr. Death [Lexx] Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

That would be how I envision the so called Ore Beetle, in it's adult stage, of course. It's just a quick drawing with not a lot of skill involved, was done in about 10 minutes maybe but just to show what I have in my mind when you released your suggestion and idea. I like your idea though immensely, I'd go even further and make Ore beetle adults able to mask themselves partially/fully and look just like the ore they ate/devoured. A neat idea and nice conceptual thought overall, Jotur.

5. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Holy crap. That's awesome. Where did you learn to do that, because I'd love to learn. And the masking idea is kinda like the silverfish from minecraft, no?

6. cederjack

What pixel art program did you use?because I WANTX3

7. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

your a genuine, that would work perfectly into the game. Lets hope one the chances one the tamable adult eat titanium ores is good chances to get more of them.

Same here, what art you used for this?

8. cederjack

it could be Paint.net

9. Dr. Death [Lexx]

Dr. Death [Lexx] Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, no guys, I've been using GIMP and am to be honest very good in it. Also, that's just a small concept and didn't really come out the way I wanted but I'm glad you like it. Well, GIMP it is, nothing else. :)

And I was spriting stuff for Terraria as well, I have an art thread there with a lot of sprites.

10. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I have gimp, but I am very very horrible with it.

11. Aviator

Aviator Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is some thing similar to this in Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card.

12. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Yay, you got the reference.

13. Aviator

Aviator Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its also a great idea i like the ine where the beetle lavae "refine" the ore when they grow up and you harvest the shells

14. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Thanks.

15. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Bump

16. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Bump

17. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

*Ends Bump* Nom nom ore?

18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Maybe you could mate two different bettles and they would make an new tamed bettle that you have to feed with an new type of ore depending in the combo you made?

Sometimes, trough, breeding could fail and make a super aggresive or a beetle that dies as soon as it is born.

If there is no breed for a certain combo, it would be randomly one of the races.

19. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

I think that in breeding that a larva should be made, so you can choose, by feeding it different types of ores, what type of beetle you want. But all of this is assuming that breeding in implanted.

20. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Suddenly posts, THOUSANDS of them!