1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of things to do

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cat Burger, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Cat Burger

Cat Burger Big Damn Hero

I think starbound is incredibly fun and a great game, but when me and my friends beat the game, there was nothing left to do. We want to play but there is nothing to work towards. Does anyone know of any mods that add story and quests? Or are more quests going to be added to Starbound soon?

2. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

Frackin universe for one

and after that install EVERYTHING that looks good

literally everything

im running at like 40 mods right now

pretty okay

3. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

I had like 200~ mods, so much stuff but my game began killing itself due to loading times and crashes.

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

New quests added officialy? Not likely.
    If you are not allergic to mods, try Frackin Universe (it's like an Industrial Craft for Starbound), Extra Dungeons (more than doubles amount of available missions, you would be easily able to wring additional 5 hours or so of gameplay) and some custom races like Avali or Peglaci forgot that it didn't update (even if you don't feel like beating the game one more time, you can still toy with added blocks and items).
    But you see, every sandbox game is actually as interesting as you would make it. Maybe you should set some sort of goal for yourself, like make a swaggiest base ever or achieve full set of Perfect Armor or get full collection of fossils/music instruments/ore samples/whatever. Maybe you should try playing with some other guys. Maybe you should pick up modding, who knows, maybe you'll like making something by yourself (at least, minigun that I made that shoots fast enough to break blocks and has rubber ducky sounds is far more entertaining that it has any right to be). Maybe you just should drop the game for a while.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. Vandrick

Vandrick Phantasmal Quasar

Too true. In every sandbox, there comes a point where the only thing left to do is continue on continuing after you beat any dev appointed goals/tasks/missions. From there, it's up to you to provide motivation. Sadly, no game will every be able to provide infinite things to do, only an infinite world in which to give yourself something to do.

What I do? I build and collect. But I get where you're coming from, since even that gets boring after awhile. Mods maybe?

6. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

If you'd like, I have a bunch of mods you could download. All download able off of steam workshop. I really like these all together. After I had finished the game once, all my other characters that I made afterward bored me, no matter what mods I had, and I was always using admin. These do not make me feel this way, so here they are:

Felin Race(I'm currently playing as felin, probably one of my favorite custom made races, although I don't really like any custom races except for felin. The ship is interesting, and the pet is a tentacle. I also like the overall look of the race, the character itself is like a human, but with ears, a tail, and fur.

Avali Race(Not one of my favorites, as avali bore me to play, but their settlements add a more futuristic aspect.

Legacy Weapons(Adds back racial weapons, even adds racial starting weapons)

Enhanced Storage(Makes storage a lot more effective, and containers have much more slots to store things.)

Frackin Races(Adds racial advantages and disadvantages, though most custom races that I know of only have advantages. For example, apex have extra speed, etc)

Extended Songbook/Super Song Pack(two seperate mods, extented songbook allows more songs to be added, and Super Song Pack adds hundreds of songs to be played on instruments, such as terraria theme, John Cena theme, Mortal Kombat theme, Mario Stuff, and much more)

Legacy Structures(not sure what the actual name is, just look up legacy on workshop, and it will be there. Adds back removed structures, such as USCM bunkers and the old Floran prisons. Does not replace the current valleys.

Legacy ???(might be the same mod as legacy structures, like I said, look up legacy on steam workshop. Adds back the beta attribute for most ranged weapons to be completely random(now that I think about it, it may not be legacy, but look up on steam workshop beta or something and you may find it). What I mean is that ranged weapons now do not just shoot elemental bullets, now most ranged weapons have things like guns that work something like the xenopopper from terraria, guns that shoot poison bulbs that explode and make poison go everywhere. I even found a machine pistol that works like a shotgun, it rapid fires but shoots like a shotgun)

Instant Crafting(removes crafting times, everything you craf will craft instantly)

There are more, but these are the ones I like best. Hope this helps!