Mob Parasect

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Amarth, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Amarth

Amarth Industrial Terraformer

:poptop: Parasect

:zombie: Insidiousect

A small flea like creature leaps around the environments searching for victims
    Once a host is spotted it pounces onto the Player,

Once this Insidiousect has a hold of you things get perilous, it will totally take over your motor skills, driving your character into hazards, cliffs, lava, water, other mobs.
    Doing whatever it takes to make you meet a grizzly end.

Kind of like the Jockey in “Left for dead 2” or the maggots in “LIMBO”

Other players can try swatting it off you, but they are not safe either, the Insidousect will force you to attack your allies as well.

I was thinking in order to identify an infected ally the Insidousect could be visible, attached to your head or back, or for a clearer indication maybe your color could change to a light green opacity.

Anyways anyone with an add-on suggestion or critique is welcome.

Food for thought.

2. lilpeter101

lilpeter101 Star Wrangler

I don't think that it should take over the control of your character as soon as they catch on to you, but instead when you approach another player or a mob, they will then take action and kill you via the mob or attack the other player.

3. Amarth

Interesting view.

Hidden enemy within.

You never know when the infection will strike!

4. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a great idea but
    Parasect isn't a pokemon?

hmmm... it will be good to make zombies or a survival horror gameplay

Amarth likes this.
  5. lilpeter101

Exactly :D

Amarth likes this.
  6. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I thought this was about adding this and almost died.
    Seems a little OP...

Amarth likes this.
  7. Chittebengo

Chittebengo Void-Bound Voyager

I love Jockey parasites, definitely, but would need a different name for it. Heck, Jockey Bug wouldn't be bad at all.

Amarth likes this.
  8. Admittedly, I also thought of the Pokemon of the same name. ^^;

Being forced to attack allies feels a tad overboard, however. Perhaps 'shaking it off' via button mashing would suffice as a way to remove it?

Amarth likes this.
  9. Amarth

Lol, sorry i don't follow pokemon, i didn't know there was a Pokemon called Parasect. :facepalm:

thanks for the heads up, i didn't want to confuse people!

Thanks for the feedback as well.

10. Amarth

Renamed them to : Insidiousect

insidious - insect X3

11. lilpeter101

I guess being forced to attack allies is kinda scary, maybe allies can knock it off you by giving you a friendly thwack? Button mashing would kinda be tedious, and make the game feel boring. Not know if the thing is on you adds kind of a paranoid feeling which can help add suspense to the game.

Amarth likes this.
  12. Kint

Kint Star Wrangler

Love this idea.:geek: I don't think anyone else has mentioned this (too lazy too read all of the comments :p), and since it wasn't covered in the main post either, I would like to ask how you would get an Insidiousect off of yourself, if your not playing with anyone else?

EDIT: Just read the couple of posts above me, and I agree with Dragonith, in that simple button mashing would probably be a convenient and acceptable method of removing them.

Amarth likes this.
  13. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

AHA!
    It's STILL PARASECT!

14. Amarth

Haha well spotted! I shall adjust

15. Lesur_Adnelah

Lesur_Adnelah Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is a great idea.
    As for getting rid of it, maybe using a bug repellant? or maybe having to jump in some water?

Amarth and lilpeter101 like this.
  16. lilpeter101

I think that's a great idea, maybe also you still won't know if the bug is on you or not.

Amarth likes this.
  17. Lesur_Adnelah

True, but thats where the Bug repellant comes in, you use that before you leave to keep them away.

Amarth likes this.
  18. LuckyLizard

LuckyLizard Void-Bound Voyager

How long would the bug repellant last though? What if the effects were random for all the effects mentioned? Could make it less predictable.

19. Lesur_Adnelah

It could maybe last 5 minutes and maybe you can only use it once every 7, like a 7-minute cooldown.
    Like potion-sickness in Terraria.

Amarth likes this.
  20. LuckyLizard

LuckyLizard Void-Bound Voyager

Ohhh, that would good. Maybe it could be like a cloud-ish effect, like when you use the repellant it allows works on party members so far away from you.

Amarth and lilpeter101 like this.