1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue PC - Game crashes on every save, deletes the save file

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xenorin, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Xenorin

Xenorin Space Hobo

I haven't played Stardew Valley in a while, and decided to come back to it. For background info, I play on both a PC and a Mac, with SteamCloud syncing my saves.

I loaded up my game on my PC, played through a day, went to sleep and then the game crashed. My save was deleted. I managed to pull the save from my Mac and nothing was lost.

Starting a brand new game on the PC also crashes it; the intro plays just fine and the moment it tries to save, the game crashes.

Playing on the Mac, everything works just fine.

I checked the ErrorLogs folder, and this is the error I receive:
    Code:
    Message: The create operation failed because the name contained at least one mount point which resolves to a volume to which the specified device object is not attached.

InnerException:
    Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<Save>d__47.MoveNext()
       at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time)
       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
       at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)
    I've tried the following troubleshooting steps:
    • Reinstall - Didn't work
    • Disable antivirus - Didn't work
    • Run as administrator - Works
    I imagine this is related to some overzealous Windows security measure blocking something, particularly since running as an administrator works, and because I've been fighting Windows on a lot of things re: security since installing the Windows 10 Creators Update. Problem is that I can't find a dang thing anywhere on this error message, so I'm really not sure what needs to be disabled. I don't want to have to run Steam as an administrator all the time, as Steam is always running so I can connect to it with my SteamLink.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

• tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

Have you used any mods that change the game drasticly. Like a gameplay changer with specific events or a save changer/trainer?

• Xenorin

Xenorin Space Hobo

Nope! I really meant to mention it in the original post and then forgot, but I'm running it clean without any mods whatsoever.

• tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

That is really strange, I would try a full reinstall of steam and/or SMAPI if you have the program on your computer. If this doesn't work, i would suggest a full format of your drives.