1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue (PC) Identical Character IDs, Introductions Quest Bugged

Discussion in 'Support' started by CoolMango, May 7, 2017.

1. CoolMango

CoolMango Space Hobo

Hi,

I believe I have found two bugs, one I could get around and one I can't fix. The first one is that if I quit to the title and start a new game, the character always gets an identical ID, in this case [character name]_143594438. This makes every new game exactly the same in terms of wild harvestables, seller inventories, etc. It seems that to start a random new game you need to quit the game to the desktop and restart it.

The second bug is one where the first quest "Introductions" is broken after a reload. If I start a new game, close it during the first day and then load the save (going to the title screen or exiting/restarting makes no difference), in the quest journal there is no "2/27" after the yellow arrow. Just a blank space. If I talk to a villager, the quest is immediately replaced with "How to Win Friends", even though the social page shows ungreeted villagers as question marks still. I tried talking to someone on Day 1 and then advancing to Day 2, and the quest seems to work fine then, but if I roll back to Day 1 with the "_old" file, the problem persists. [Some people might say I have the opposite of a problem here, completing this quest with no effort, but I really do want to complete it properly :)]

I have Windows 10, my game is up to date and I have not installed any mods.

If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appriciate them, thank you!

(I searched these forums and googled the problems and found nothing, but if these issues are known, mods please delete this post.)

Attached Files:

MysticTempest likes this.
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff