1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Penguin Crew Member Missing, Can't Dismiss Either

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Spoon Boy, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

I hired Iggy a few days ago. He didn't do much with his gun (1-2 damage) and would rapidly cause chaos in a town (the NPCs reacted as if a monster was present). I started leaving him on the ship.

A couple days ago he vanished from the ship. His icon still shows up on the ship's menu, though.

I got my second crew member, a mechanic, and he's actually pretty helpful. Now I qualify for a license! But I can't get to the outpost right now (other bug, thread about that).

Third crew member appears and I can't hire him due to limitations? I go to dismiss Iggy out of necessity. Does nothing. Tried a dozen times. Does nothing. So apparently I'm stuck with a phantom crew member.

Going to make a backup of the save files to test in future nightly updates...

Anyone know how I can edit him out of my roster in the meantime?

2. SnowKate709

SnowKate709 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a distinct feeling that this is actually related to this bug, since it affects NPCs and penguins in particular, as well as a few story characters. You should be able to verify this by closing the game then starting it up again and loading up your ship, then when you spawn in your ship, going to the game data directory and checking the starbound.log for something along the lines of this:
    Code:
    No such key in Json::get("globalOffset")
    If that line appears within the log, then these are in fact the same problem, in which case I'd recommend waiting for a nightly push, or a patch if someone decides to make one, since it wouldn't be too hard to do so.

3. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

its been awhile since I've gotten a crew member.... o_O i can't seem to turn in most missions and I haven't gotten one asking to join my crew from the few i can turn in..
    how is it done now?

and............hmmm.......hop on an empty nightly server....make a bunch of boxes store all the items in it... :/ make a new character get those items back....
    sorry thats the only real way i can think of

4. Spoon Boy

The fix to repair the inaccessible Outpost also restored the penguin.

5. Spoon Boy

Also, he doubled at one point (but still only had one crew member listing)... Which let me upgrade my ship. The copy disappeared as soon as I left the ship, for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.