1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

WHEW. Well then.... It's been quite awhile. :rofl:... I think I'm back... Hopefully. It's uh, gonna be awhile before the update gets back on track. I have been doing some typo checks and what not while I've been offline (Thank goodness for Offline Steam. :rofl:)

Anywho...

Cyber, do you happen to have Humanoid Tweaks present? that mod is optional. I only intended for it to be used for penguin only co-op. Having that mod installed will cause that for any modded races that aren't patched by it.

2. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

<//Cyb3r_R4t> Subatomic Cosmonaut

well im not sure

3. ManicRykker

Update coming VERY soon. The Steam Workshop will likely be updated first this time.. but an update here will come afterwards.

A rework to the main pages is going to be done too.

4. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated Penguin Piracy with a new update entry:

Penguin Piracy V11 - The Gentoo Penguin Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. ManicRykker

Update's live. Gonna be updating information on the main page tomorrow.

6. andhar

andhar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will our game benefit from your mod while nobody in my group plays a penguin? I mean, does the mod expand the overall universe so we can find penguin related stuff like NPCs or settlements? A simple "yes" or "no" does it for me, where maybe a bigger or smaller "yes" could be an indicator of how much this would be a cool addition for non-penguin players (and you wouldn't have to write so much ;))

7. Skyfry428

Skyfry428 Master Chief

What are the requirements for Penguin Tenants?

8. ManicRykker

Of course! While penguins do have some exclusive stuff (Stuff associated with a race, like the tiered armor, cosmetics, ship, SAIL, ship pet, etc.. and an exclusive questline I added for them in the new update), any race can experience content added in the mod. Pretty much all other services, objects, questlines, penguin tenants, and such are completely accessible to non-penguin players!

It's pretty much the same as what you would put in for a normal tenant, but with any of the penguin themed items in the mod.

So you'll need a lightsource, a penguin themed object, etc. Just the usual stuff you'd go through setting up for one! ^_^

Putting a weapons chest in alongside said stuff will result in a penguin soldier/general (depending on the tier)

Throwing in commerce and storage items will result in a penguin merchant.

andhar likes this.
  9. andhar

andhar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks (would have been a pretty big "yes" then, i guess) ;) downloaded and installed right away :)

10. ManicRykker

11. ManicRykker

It's strange.. I could have sworn I fixed the Rockhopper respawn....... oh well. :rofl:

12. Lord-Xanthor

Lord-Xanthor Void-Bound Voyager

When I saw this, the first thing that came to mind was a blue wizard, and an annoying pet named Gunther. Can't wait to try this out. Looks great! Thanks. This is my second post btw, noticed my first gave me a trophy that says "Spaaaaaace" and one thing came to mind, and wondering if its an Easter egg. This annoying eye thing named wheatley and a similar one circling him shouting "spaaaaace"

13. ManicRykker

14. ManicRykker

15. ManicRykker

16. ManicRykker

17. ManicRykker

Hey guys. I have some important stuff I need to talk about...

I know in the past, I have tended to go on breaks when I start to feel burnout with this project..

But for some reason, that hasn't really worked out anymore. As many of you may have noticed, Penguin Piracy V11 took a long time to release.
    This is for two reasons:

1. I had a lapse in internet access for a few weeks during it's development.
    2. I've started to feel creative burnout with it.

It's not that I hate the mod or anything. I adore it, and I adore the people that have kept me going! (Yes, that's you guys. :rofl:)

I'm just starting to feel that I am beginning to run out of meaningful contributions to the project.. Many of the things I would really like to do
    for the mod (Real missions, with dungeons and bosses) are currently impossible for my current skill level.

I have largely used the project, to get to know how Starbound modding works. When I first started I was an absolute newbie.. didn't know a single thing I was
    doing.

All of that said, I am not so much quiting the project, as much as I am pausing it's current (personal) development... I feel that if I forced myself to develop
    for it, future content would lose some quality, and the mod would be hurt overall.

That said, I'm not leaving you guys in the dark! As of today, I am updating the Chucklefish Forums side of things. The archive over there shall contain an
    unpacked version of Penguin Piracy. You may use that to produce your own submods for the mod, or create patch mods for mods that I never touched.

I will likely update when new Starbound versions are released (if they cause the mod to be outdated).. but that's about it.

I will be putting most of my focus on Pandora's Box starting today. I know that this decision may be somewhat sudden but.. I feel that it needs to be done.

18. Devintrainer

Devintrainer Void-Bound Voyager

What is the internal item name of the Dreadwing Souvenir?

19. ManicRykker

pengsouvenir

Devintrainer likes this.
  20. ManicRykker