1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Ok.. So I feel like it's time I say something over here, since I don't really talk about Penguin Piracy much these days...

"What ever happened to Penguin Piracy?"

So it's no secret that I have generally ceased communication regarding Penguin Piracy. This project has been in a state of suspended development. I have done no work on it...

This happened partly due to burnout, putting more resources and focus into Pandora's Box, and some other factors.

I look back at Penguin Piracy, and wish there were some things I had done differently... Initially, I developed Penguin Piracy as my go-to mod, and thus it's development was broad..

There are things I practice now, that I didn't do back then... And I feel like it affected the final product.

I wish I had kept some things simple. I wish I had kept the amount of penguin races to a minimum. I wish the penguin attributes were either more subdued, or somewhat optional, to keep in line with vanilla...

That said, I don't really know what to do with the project. I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon, and some of the fairly unavoidable bugs surrounding the non-uniform race can be discouraging. (I would be perfectly fine with another modder taking the Avali Triage route, and picking up their torch though.)

All this said, I would like to apologize to any users that still use Penguin Piracy... I wish I could have provided more... But I guess I just bit off more than I can chew.

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. peteOlantern graveyards

peteOlantern graveyards Scruffy Nerf-Herder

man, dont blame yourself, this mods is weasome and really, we all know how hard is create a good mod, and i say, penguin piracy is a really good mod, sorry my bad english, and if the problem is that the penguin bodies get a little weird in the clothes that are not for them, I would suggest something like, if they use that little stool to sit on, because when they wear clothes they could not use equipment that floats them and with magnetic orbs to move their legs and arms to appear when they presize to wear these clothes, or something like a simple and thin robotic body or he create a clones that will be segregated in a pile of three penguins or for the legs to become more normal they use legs of wood, it's just a suggestion, and I say that without it, this mod is incredible, everything that you did for more only increased the penguins

3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

These things happen.

I like the mod as it is, and i like what you've done with it.
    and hey, you may have bitten off more than you could chew, but you still did a great job with it...
    I hope that someone comes along that is able to take over and continue to update this mod.
    Maybe ask for your imput on changes, but keep the good stuff you have made.

4. peteOlantern graveyards

peteOlantern graveyards Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sorry for the flood.......my pc is garbage

5. warmainiac

warmainiac Void-Bound Voyager

ManicRykker, i know of some people who decided to remake their old mods and with new features too! but i do think there could be some races to fill up the other bottom part of the character extender, speaking of said character extender. i just adored its design and it really inspired me to create a mod that also has a character extender and looking back, i think i could make a character extender that is unlike any other. just like your character extender. i wish you good luck on pandoras box and your other mods

6. Lord-Xanthor

Lord-Xanthor Void-Bound Voyager

Edit: Gave the mod a try and an error came up no such recipe in regards to a saxophone. I have a feeling this is being caused by a missing patch thats no longer showing. I did download several saxaphone mods to see if this might clear it up, but sadly didn't work. Anyone know a fix? If not, once I settle in, Ill look at the source and see if I can fix it myself. Since server and client aren't crashing due to that one error, have a feeling the recipe is still there, just that an update is causing it to not be loaded in. Sorry for all the edits, just don't like spamming, and editing keeps everything together.

I have been working for days replacing old outdated mods with new and testing them before I put my new server public so my kids can play, as they been begging me to get my server up now that I'm in better health, and they waited almost 2 years for me to do this. FU and PP were the most liked of all the mods, and when I came across the suspended message, it gave me dread that I may not be able to run a new server and include Penguin Piracy after I read the suspension notice. I have backups of old server and client, so no issue to run old, but as I'm starting new world fresh to include new client, was wondering if anyone is still using this mod with FU, and if they can tell me if its working for them before I make the choice to put it in, and find disaster strikes later on. This would be highly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  7. greyedstars

greyedstars Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, would you ever consider letting someone else take up Penguin Piracy's development? I love your mod and all the lore stuff surrounding it! it deserves to continue to grow and flourish.

8. greyedstars

greyedstars Void-Bound Voyager

... ignore me cause i just reread your message and saw that part of the text- SORRY!!