1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Periodic crashing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by sandwitchs, May 8, 2018.

1. sandwitchs

sandwitchs Space Hobo

Hello, I have provided my recent crash log to help with diagnosing the issue.
    Since I've purchased the game I have had consistent crashes. Un-installing and deleting all the files has had no effect. The log that was included was the latest crash, which tends to happen at unpredictable times. Doing most of the story missions does cause a crash at some point. Recently, I have downloaded Frackin Universe. Crashing was present before the mod, and hasn't increased in frequency afterwards.

In case it is relevant, here are my PC specs:
    Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.6GHZ
    Ram: 4GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I do enjoy the game, and I'm willing to provide any other information which may help with solving the issue (within reason of course, haha). Thanks in advance to anybody who attempts to help!

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do you get a particular error message or just the generic "has stopped working" thingy? Also take a look into the windows event viewer > windows logs > application if there are any crashes listed with starbound. If yes which exception code?

The log itself doesn't show a crash so it might be sth else which causes starbound to crash without starbound being able to put the crash information to the log.

3. sandwitchs

sandwitchs Space Hobo

Yes, it's either the generic message or the application simply closes. I went into the event viewer as you described and was not able to find anything related to star bound or steam. I will attempt to run the game from the executible itself and see if that provides a different result

Here is the most recent log from my last crash, i looked it over and it seemed to have more relevant info, no idea haha

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid doubleposting :nuruhappy: *merges*

The log is super helpful. I really really hate to say it but its a hardware limitation on your end. You're running out of video memory according to this line.
    Code:
    (MemoryException) Could not allocate memory for new Image size 366080
    Unfortunately there is not much you can do except getting better hardware :nurusad: