1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pet Chickens 3.5

Today's your clucky day!

1. Tawss

Tawss Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure what has happened, but the netgun is broken again, it shoots the net, but does 183 points of damage killing the chickens. Anyone else having this issue?

2. victor-artist

victor-artist Space Spelunker

i had sadly uninstall this mod again
    even thought i LOVE the concept of the chickens and all
    something is wrong with netgun that sadly isnt working

3. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

Its funny how I said that most mods die after some time and authors never write again, he said that wont happen and he got big plans, and now.. So sad.

4. BurningX

BurningX Master Chief

Sorry guys, Both Omekk and I have been having to deal with personal stuff and has gotten in the way of keeping the mod updated...again im really sorry!

We are still here and havnt abandoned the project. Im finally working on the next piece of art (not sure if Omekk has posted what that is yet so ill keep it underwraps) But its been hard for both of us to keep up to date with Chucklefishes awesome speed of updates
    and personal issues we both have been going threw

So sit tight and hope to share more soon! :D

butterpaw, PabloM and Preacher like this.
  5. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I'm wondering will there be normal egg laying chickens?
    As in the ones that is used in cooking ?
    Cause I'm uncertain about this mod.

6. ItsArctic

ItsArctic Guest

Hello! I keep crashing when I try to play with your mod.
    This is the error I get:
    (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (AssetException) Error
    loading asset /treasure/biome.treasurepools

I would've posted an actual screenshot but this site isn't letting me post Gyazo links. How do I fix this error?

7. ItsArctic

ItsArctic Guest

Another question though, which version in the Version History tab is for Upbeat Giraffe?

8. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

9. GriffinRitchey

GriffinRitchey Orbital Explorer

I love this mod! But i think there should be some sort of progress bar with the incubator or a countdown.[DOUBLEPOST=1435608346][/DOUBLEPOST]how does the incubator work?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  10. Jenz

Jenz Void-Bound Voyager

Just tried out this mod, like it a lot. I have a couple of questions and suggestions though:

1) It says that the chicken nest should only breed once every 20 minutes, but it is a LOT faster than that for me. The breeding is a lot faster than the incubator. You may wanna look into that.

2) Is there anything you can do with regular (i.e. non-metal/non-diamond) feathers? If not, consider making the regular chickens drop regular eggs that can be used for cooking instead!

3) Does the incubator/nest/chickens only "work" (i.e. do what they are supposed to do) if you are in the same world as them? Do they reset if you leave the world, or just pause?

4) Can you release netted chickens again? Since I only have one rooster it seems a bit cruel to carry around chickens that aren't breeding.

5) Slaughtering a chicken should provide raw poultry, don't you think?

Omekk likes this.
  11. Omekk

Omekk updated Pet Chickens with a new update entry:

STABLE UPDATE INCOMING

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1440528165][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Lol. It's not dead, I just have a very busy life that is complicated by medical issues. I'll work on this mod for a long time to come, it's just kind of hard to do while either stuck in a bed or at work in an office. ;-P[DOUBLEPOST=1440528340][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I like these ideas and I thought that I had set the chickens to drop the raw chicken, odd. I'll look into that. Per my update post, I'll be working on the timer issue and I plan on having the regular chickens drop the normal eggs, ideally I'd like all of the chickens to drop the infertile eggs periodically.

Also, yes... Placing and tapping E on the chickens will release them.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  12. Deadguy87

Deadguy87 Space Penguin Leader

For some reason when i try loading my Starbound your mod crashes it, stating something about J-something...

13. Omekk

Yeah, the update earlier was just me letting everyone know it would be updated soon. I'll be updating the actual files tonight to give compatibility with Pleased Giraffe.

14. Deadguy87

Deadguy87 Space Penguin Leader

Oh ok, you going to make me wait, i will cry now... Sorrow oh no something about how sad i am and stuff.

PabloM likes this.
  15. Omekk

16. Omekk

Omekk updated Pet Chickens with a new update entry:

Feather Compressor!

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Attached Files:

18. whitekitestrings

whitekitestrings Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this mod seems to be working fine, except that i get a "perfectly generic item" from the quest, as well as a net gun that hurts my chickens rather than netting them. it's impossible to progress through the quest and get a rooster egg to see if everything else works, but i really like this mod regardless. :)

Omekk likes this.
  19. Omekk

I'll be doing a small update tonight to fix the PGI issue, you should be getting a recipe for the netgun. :) I'll also be fixing the fact that objects can only be placed one direction currently. As for the net gun hurting the chickens... It'll net them when it kills them... I'm working on making it do 0 damage.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  20. whitekitestrings

whitekitestrings Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh, i didn't know it had to kill them! thanks for the info.