1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pet Chickens 3.5

Today's your clucky day!

1. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

Just for temporary... It's a work in progress, I'm kind of learning as I go... Right now the issue is that I've got the chickens capture-able with capture pods, however, that makes it so that I can't have the net gun capture them in one go. I'm working on getting that sorted soon!

2. Omekk

Omekk updated Pet Chickens with a new update entry:

FIXES

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Omekk

4. placinta8

placinta8 Void-Bound Voyager

what version should i use for stable upbeat giraffe? i tried lots but none worked :(

5. Omekk

The latest download from the mod post should work, 2.61. This is for Pleased Giraffe, the latest version of Starbound.

6. Omekk

Hey guys! I've changed how the incubator looks, it can now fit into smaller places AND you can fit a chest on top. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    Sorry about the quality, this was taken on my camera.

KateisLost likes this.
  7. Thetafox

Thetafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, this was my first mod! although I'm having some issues, I've completed all the quests but when I try to incubate any egg other than the regular chicken egg nothing happens, I put it in with coal and everything, I've tried switching the coal to the top and the egg on bottom and vice versa but nothing happens, I even walked away for 30 minutes and sat next to the incubator in-game to make sure I wasn't just being impatient. Am I doing something wrong?

(And I'm loving the new incubator design there!)

Omekk likes this.
  8. Omekk

Maybe I need to make it a bit clearer in the next patch, I'm really sorry. With the other eggs you've got to put in the matching ore... so Copper egg and 1 piece of copper ore. I think I had mentioned it in the codex but I think I need to reword things and maybe list things out a bit better.

9. Thetafox

Oh you know what, maybe I was just so excited about the chickens I didn't read it completely. Super sorry about that, thank you so much for the mod I can't tell you how much I love it.

10. fogwip

fogwip Void-Bound Voyager

what a cute and wonderful mod!
    i have a question, though... for incubating the metal chicken eggs, do you use their matching ingot, or coal? or something else? i think the quest mentioned ingots but i've tried both and haven't gotten anywhere...

11. Thetafox

For the Metal ones you just use Iron ore and they will hatch the robot chicken :)
    The same goes for the others, copper eggs are hatched with copper ore, silver eggs with silver ore and so on.

Omekk likes this.
  12. Omekk

Yep!

Hey guys! Expect a big update soon if all goes well, I’ve added in Platinum, Titanium, Aegisalt, Rubium and Violium chickens! :D I’ve reworked the 3rd quest to make it so that you get Platinum Eggs rather than Diamond as to follow the true progression of the ores. You’ll now find Diamond, Platinum, Titanium, Aegisalt, Rubium and Violium chicken eggs in biome chests throughout the universe. I’m thinking that rooster eggs will be found via a shady egg vendor who will spawn randomly on planets… What do you think?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    myomi13 likes this.
  13. fogwip

fogwip Void-Bound Voyager

ohh, ore. that's where i was going wrong, thank you!

14. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Violum chickens? Does that I can have a crap ton of purple chickens? This mod just gets better and better.

Also, does the incubator not work on ships? I was using the Uros IV ship that turns your ship into a giant atrium and could not get the incubator to work( regardless of how long i waited the egg just wouldn't incubate.)

I guess if this on purpose I can just incubate on a planet, net them and transfer them to my ship, but I'm lazy so I'll just make a base on a planet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  15. Omekk

Yup! Purple Chickens! They look awesome too if I do say so myself! :) Update coming tonight! :D As for the incubating, it should work on the ship... Have you tried a normal ship? It may have something to do with the ship mod.

16. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll give it a shot after the update. Takes a while to get a decent amount of space on default ships and that smaller incubator is gonna help heaps.

17. Taskmaster

Taskmaster Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I really like this mod, but I've run into a bit of a problem. For some reason none of the NPCs at the Outpost will give me the starter quest, so I can't do anything and I'm really confused about it.

18. Omekk

Omekk updated Pet Chickens with a new update entry:

More CHICKENS!

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Omekk

Really? That's kind of strange. It should be an Apex Scientist that gives it to you.

20. MeowTenore

MeowTenore Aquatic Astronaut

pretty much an essential mod for me! one question though, and it might sound stupid but how do you spawn one of the first basic eggs? i got three of them from the apex scientist but accidentally ate one. then i incubated the two eggs and placed and activated them, then *accidentally* swung my sword at them and now i can't give a captured chicken to the scientist.. woops.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015