1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Pick ships? Interact with other player ships?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by marshingo, Jun 9, 2017.

1. marshingo

marshingo Big Damn Hero

My biggest gripe with 1.3 is all the cool new ships I can't fly :( Even with only a few rooms they look so cool i'd love to fly them. Maybe in the future we could have the ability to build ships with tons of resources at a shipyard in space, and decide which ones we want to fly in. This can also go into space combat where if a ship explodes, it doesn't deconstruct stuff, it'll just respawn you at the last used shipyard with less pixels.

I have yet to test out if you can fly to other player ships and interact with them, but i'll try this weekend

kittentamer likes this.
  2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

If there was ever a time for player-made ships to be available, I feel like now would be it. Chucklefish's main gripe with player made ships was that they never turn out looking good, presumably because of blocks being... blocky. With the new sloped blocks, used in both friendly and hostile ships, some impressive and creative spaceships are clearly possible.

Or it could be created using a system like the space stations.

kittentamer and STCW262 like this.
  3. Darkwhip

Darkwhip Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that with the space station system, player-made ships are more than possible, even with mods.

Regal Kain likes this.