1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Pickup Use item and activate shrine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Megadog, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Megadog

Megadog Astral Cartographer

Pickup Use item and activate shrine...

These two tasks should have different buttons - it's really awkward if you want to reactivate a shrine and /not/ pick up the use item that dropped (usually results in switching items a few times while you activate the shrine or jumping around like a derp)

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Remember, there are only two buttons left if the game is to have full controller support. I'd think the Use Use Item button should be the one to swap them.

Megadog likes this.
      • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

But then you might accidentally use the item if it's off cooldown, if the problem is one button doing two things at once.

• Megadog

Megadog Astral Cartographer

While you bring up a good point, is accidentally using your item (when you want to swap it anyway) as much of an issue as not being able to activate a shrine without being forced to swap items a few times?
          Also, what if you want to swap items and not use the shrine? (i.e. the shrine might have climbed to $800 activate cost, and crates are only $100, but you've got $850 on hand)

I think Excavater's idea is a fairly reasonable compromise.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

It would simply not use the use item you have if it swaps for the one in the field.

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

I'd just make the shrine create items off to the side. First item spawns on the left, second on the right, or whatever. Hopefully making sure shrines don't spawn directly beside walls so items don't end up stuck inside the wall.

Daimera likes this.
              • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I mainly bring it up because using an item then switching it keeps the new item on cooldown, which could be just as frustrating late-game if you're not already in godmode.

I like Zad's suggestion, but preventing them from spawning in walls is a huge deal considering there are already a lot of bugs around with things going in walls when they shouldn't...